Warhound Titan

Hubernator

Do I smell the Lego Digital Designer? By the way, for those not in the know, you can use the LDD to create the Warhound as per Brother Captain Stark's fantastic design, and then use it to send in a customized order for all of the pieces needed to create it.

Do I smell the Lego Digital Designer? By the way, for those not in the know, you can use the LDD to create the Warhound as per Brother Captain Stark's fantastic design, and then use it to send in a customized order for all of the pieces needed to create it.

Yes that is indeed LDD :) However, you have to make sure you're using parts from one kit (which is impossible to be honest), otherwise you can't send it off for a price. Fussy monkeys :)

Yes that is indeed LDD :P However, you have to make sure you're using parts from one kit (which is impossible to be honest), otherwise you can't send it off for a price. Fussy monkeys :P

Well, you could always take it apart again, and then export the different parts to different files, according to the sets that they come from. Then, just order each file seperately, and you'll get all of the bits that you need :P

Lego Warhound? Awesome!

Looks really nice. Any plans to actually make this, or is it jsut a concept?

I'm very much tempted to make one over the Summer Holidays :D I'm pretty sure I have the parts to do so, so it's a thought :)

Well, you could always take it apart again, and then export the different parts to different files, according to the sets that they come from. Then, just order each file seperately, and you'll get all of the bits that you need :)

That would take me a loooong time... a very long time... :tu:

Between my 35yr old Lego collection, and my son's addition, we've probably got enough in parts, but not in coherent colours. Will I have to rename my army 'The Emperors Abstract Cubist Expressionists'?

Nice work though.

Anyone done a price comparison between Lego and FW?

(obvious advantage to Lego in terms of weapon swapping!)

Between my 35yr old Lego collection, and my son's addition, we've probably got enough in parts, but not in coherent colours. Will I have to rename my army 'The Emperors Abstract Cubist Expressionists'?

Nice work though.

rofl at the name man

pure awsome

chapter master Braqué lol

Nice work though.

lol your call matey :) You'll be an inspiration to artists everywhere ;)

As for prices, I would hazard a guess that the Lego one would be cheaper. I think Sharp said the actual model is around 12 & 1/2 inches tall, and Lego have made much bigger...

It doesn't really matter if the colours don't match, you can always paint it :)

Paint...it? :D what are you, some kind of nut? ;)

@Hubs: Go for it m8 :D

Thanks for the enthusiasm (avoid leet speak mate :P)

XD yeah I mean paint it. Should be fun eh?

[posh talk] I'm terribly sorry old chum, please allow me to correct my most unfortunate typing by repeating myself. @Hubernator: Go for it mate :D There, that's better. Scone?[/posh talk]

XD yeah I mean paint it. Should be fun eh?

Lego is not for painting :P It's too nice to be painted.

[posh talk] I'm terribly sorry old chum, please allow me to correct my most unfortunate typing by repeating myself. @Hubernator: Go for it mate :P There, that's better. Scone?[/posh talk]

I don't like scones... :Elite: :P

Besides, it's not me who hates leet-speak :P

• 2 weeks later...

Oooh... I likes it! Much better than my design. That looks great. I can see that you've also streamlined a lot of the construction of the arms. Good for you, they look great. I made those at the end of a frenetic day of building in time for a Apocalypse tournament, so there's plenty of room for improvement.

So do you think you'll order it?

@Sharp: It was your design I used to make it :P IN places I had to compromise and that was annoying to be honest. I'd like to order it if the sodding program would mark a price out regardless of where the parts came from <_< I'll make one instead :D

@Firenze: Because Lego rocks :D

Neither does my plasticard titan. At the moment it is less than a fiver.

I built the original LEGO Warhound because it was fun and creative. If it's not for you, fine, but know that everybody enjoys the hobby in a different way. A plasticard Warhound looks really cool and I have one, but I enjoy pulling out my LEGO Warhound for games much more because people always get a laugh out of it, and if they're LEGO fans they love to check out exactly how I built it. I didn't build the LEGO Warhound in any sense of seriousness. I did it because I enjoy LEGO and I enjoy 40k, and decided it'd be fun to combine the two.

Archived