Teaching my little brother to paint

Muller

Alrighty, a little update...

But first, my apologies for not updating faster, I've got a HUGE school project I'm working on right now so the painting this past week hasn't been priority nr. 1 sadly...

now to the other part:

My brother finished his first model today, he made the final touch-ups and we based the model, now all we need to do is throw a wash or three on the sand (he wants a desert theme similar to the sand "flock" already has out of the box so just a few washes to make it look more coherent) And he started on his next two models by painting the bodies, helmets, backpacks and legs, the arms will be assembled tomorrow prob. and painted then, so hopefully we'll see model nr. 2 and 3 ready in just a few days time :jaw:

And a happy 21st birthday to the teacher about 39 minutes beforehand xD

Pics:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/SWE_BadAss/Warhammer%20WIP/IMG_4399.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/SWE_BadAss/Warhammer%20WIP/IMG_4400.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/SWE_BadAss/Warhammer%20WIP/IMG_4402.jpg

He still has some problems with the eyes on the helmets (natrually) so the color goes "out of bounds", but he corrected this with more black later of course :lol:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/SWE_BadAss/Warhammer%20WIP/IMG_4403.jpg

I remember a while back trying to get my GF painting. She's into fine details etc cause she is a nail artist. Her first model was pretty good, like your brothers, but she wasnt used to using GW paint / acrylics. But yeah, your bro's first miniature looks pretty good.

I remember my first model i painted about 6 years back.... dont ask..

it was one of my bro's old school plastic space marines with missile launcher. I tried to do the whole, red to yellow blend on the launcher, and failed miserably. Wonder if I have it around somewhere, would be hilerious looking back.

Dude, I love this WIP, just awsome. I remember starting off with Dark Eldar when I was about 11 years old. I can see if I find them around and post a pic^^ They look rather funny. Since nobody teached me, I did not use base-cout^^

OT: My brother don't care about Warhammer at all, trying to recrut him, but no :P

Please post more, this is de facto funny :P

I'm glad to see such great feedback, my brother loves to read this and get's excited as hell as soon as someone says something nice about what he's doing (we all remember how proud we were of our first models) :D

Since it was my 21st bday today my brother got me a gift, which was very nice indeed ;)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/SWE_BadAss/Warhammer%20WIP/IMG_4406.jpg

Will be working on this as soon as I can :D

Very Nice, Did you get the Hobgoblin ale from him to?(BTW, that is my favorite Ale <_< ) I got a devistator squad from my Big sister last year(Birthday).

Tell your brother I am taking photos of my first models, so he can see that he is really mutch better than what I was^^

Erlend von Norway

He's coming along nicely, I found some of my oldest marines yesterday. Good grief they're awful might take a couple of pics and show them haha! Just to prove he's off to a great start. I was at least 11 or 12 when I did my first marines. My girlfriend recently started a marine combat squad and they look great (she's better than me :lol: highlighting and everything!).

Also, Hobgoblin is my favourite drink ever. I salute you! (and Erlend90 for a fellow hobgobbo).

Hobgoblin always keps me company when I'm painting, and when I'm buying more power armour models online siting next to me is often a nice whiskey

:D

hehe, Whiskey is awasome. To bad I am only 18, In norway you have to be 21 to bye stuff stronger than(I think) 20%. But To bye hobgoblin I have to travel to Sweden^^ haven't found it in Norway xD

So how is your brother comming on the Painting? Finnished his tac squad?

HAHA, you know more about the alcohol policy's in Norway then i do, and you are from Sweden^^ But Hobgoblin you can bye from 18 years of age? since it is 3.5% and then you can bye it from a food store right?

yup, but let's not get sidetracked here :tu:

I just placed an order for an Ultramarine Venerable Forgeworld Dread as well as a SM Combat force for my brother along with a Black Templar infantry upgrade box for my little brother, we will have fun on his birthday (he won't get the box until then, but I will get my dread in a few days -_-)

Nah, sadly... I've got too much school :) to have the time to deal with that now...

Oh and I'm not living with the rents anymore so having them adopt you wouldn't do you any good xD

*gags*

cider... bleh :D

I'm not that good, some pics of my stuff is earlier in the thread...

I just don't like the shiny look models gets when highlighted, not for gaming, so I don't highlight my models ;)

which takes the standard down a notch, but eh, I'm proud over my army when it's on the tabletop, I think thats what counts ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the slow update, I've been swamped with schoolwork now...

Anyway, we sat down and painted some more :rolleyes:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/SWE_BadAss/Warhammer%20WIP/IMG_4448.jpg

his first combat squad soon done; details needs fixing, other than that they're done :)

His white is a whole lot better then mine...I can't even paint it for the life of me. Should be very proud of himself as his Crusade Squad is great (no tactile squads for Black Templars :jaw:). I really like the blood on the chainsword.

Messanger

I'm more into alcopops like Vodka Cruisers...don't really like the taste of beer.

PS- Hobgoblin is my favourite ale too ;) though i prefer cider....

Rrr... Ruination IPA is better. So hoppy, so bitter and delicious.

my 14 year old brother is going to start painting with me (I'm gonna teach him a few tricks) and I think he wants to work on his BAs so I'll be sure to post them up.

Archived