Furious charge and relic blades

greatcrusade08

What we are arguing about here, is the english language, and we know GW has already set a precedent in this matter, by not using the correct terminology on many occasions.

Quoted myself, its the first sign of madness....

Like i said we are getting hung up on a poorly used word.

GC08

Thats assuming it is a poorly used word...

It may be... it may not be... we cannot know the intent of the word...

However as it stands, poorly worded or not, there is no alternative but to resolve hits from the relic blade at Str6 regardless of modifiers.

But GC08 it is not just the poorly used/defined word. Its that the language of the two rules (FC and RBs) makes them incompatible.

So my relic blade resolves it hits against you at S6, but when i have furious charge it gets a S bonus...

You get a S bonus to your Strength Characteristic, though. The Relic Blade just resolves itself at S6. Its apples and oranges.

It would be like claiming that my Bolt pistol gets +1 in the shooting phase because I have furious charge. The only reason we have to think they (FC and RBs) are connected AT ALL is because they both happen in the assault phase, and FC usually takes effect on attacks similar to RB attacks.

However, just because GW cannot write rules doesn't mean we have to pretend we cannot understand rules. You are free to play it as a +1 to RB attacks at home in your gaming group, but the point of this is just that you should not expect that everyone will play it so, because that is not actually the way the rules allow it to work.

As a last resort your right, until an FAQ is released clearing the matter up, however its probably best to bring this up with your opponent before the game.

I would be more than happy to allow my opponent to roll at S7 for relic blades and furious charge.

GC08

I've read through this thread with some interest. I've gotta put myself on the side that says the Relic Blade resolves at S6,

regardless of whatever bonuses, modifiers, powers or anything else the model's attacks may be affected by.

When Matt Ward wrote the Codex (and we have to assume the rules governing the use of Relic Blades), he obviously worded

it that way for a reason. Perhaps to ensure that SM IC's couldn't hurt T10 creatures without a PF or TH with the loss of Initiative

that brings? Who knows what goes through a Codex-writer's mind...

Anyhoop, it absolutely, definitely says that it's attacks are resolved at S6. So when those dice are a-tumblin', you're only

looking on the S6 row of the To Wound Chart...

Obviously that's just my opinion.

Archived