Heresy Era Imperial Fists

Ufthak

Alright, in a burst of productivity the last few days, I completely painted the dead Son of Horus on my Chaplain's base.

I think he turned out quite nicely - that's what I imagine the Sons of Horus look like! Who knows...some time, in the distant future...a Sons of Horus army...*dream* :)

He is wearing a hybrid MkII-MkVish sort of armour, only lightly corrupted.

What do you think of him?

gallery_42816_3520_706759.jpg

Close up of left shoulder pad (Eye of Horus):

gallery_42816_3520_691863.jpg

Close up of right shoulder pad (Eight-pointed Star):

gallery_42816_3520_1377607.jpg

Close up of torso and helm:

gallery_42816_3520_1058087.jpg

Close up of lacerated legs:

gallery_42816_3520_688029.jpg

Thanks for the kind words Doghouse :o

The Chappy's on his way too - finished modelling, priming and painting will hopefully commence some time this week!

Just another quick pic of the Chaplain on the base. I'll probably start painting him tomorrow, if I find the time.

At this point I'd like to ask you guys what you think of the pose. I can't really rearrange the arms or head, but I can play with the legs a bit. Any suggestions? Crits? Comments?

gallery_42816_3520_1379027.jpg

Another question just came to my mind. I'm still not entirely sure as to how to paint my Chappy. Anyone know whether Chappies were entirely black Pre-Heresy?

In the Horus Heresy Books, Erebus is described as wearing the stone-grey (and later red) of his Legion. On the other hand, various artworks concerning the Heresy show Chaplains in black armour with Legion shoulder pads - there is a pic of Chaplain Charmosian of the Emperor's Children (who makes an appearance in "Fulgrim") in full black armour, with a purple shoulder pad.

Should I paint my Chappy entirely yellow, entirely black, or maybe half/half? Or perhaps entirely black with a yellow right arm? Or entirely yellow with a black right arm?

Any suggestions?

I'd personally have turned the open hand upwards, the way it is now, the pose for the dead Son of Horus looks... blocky.

As for the Chaplain, I would set him up as like a mid point from all the Legion Astartes having the same color scheme, and the modified Codex system. I would go Yellow with a black pad (The black pad being the one that doesn't have the legion icons, obviously).

As for Chaplain pose I'd lean him a tiny bit forward and his left (crozius arm) upwards, try standing in the pose you want him to be in, take a picture of yourself so you can see if that helps. I find that putting myself in the pose I want really helps myself mentally picture how the model should look.

Thanks for the crits guys!

@Brother Chaplain Kage:

Wow, I LOVE the pose of your Chappy. Absolutely brilliant! And good work on those purity seals!

@Janitor101:

Unfortunately I can't really change much on the Son of Horus. He is as he is. I'm quite happy with him.

About the Chaplain:

I'll consider your advice concerning the pose. I'll check it out what looks best :D

About the colour scheme: hm, entirely yellow would sort of make him disappear amongst the other termies. I think I will stick with entirely black, with maybe one of the arms yellow...

Thanks for the advice guys :)

The Chaplains pose looks fine. :D

And i think Chaplains were sent by the Word Bearers to set up warrior lodges in Legions they wished to corrupt... Which was after they all painted their armour black in penance for that city of theirs that was razed by the Emp.

So probably black, but if you like yellow, go for it.

• 1 month later...

@Xavier Targhost:

Thanx for your advice mate :) What exactly do you mean by "chin plates", though?

Yes, I think I'll go with a yellow arm and shoulder pad.

@DerekLee688:

:HQ: Yep!

• 3 months later...

Archived