Badab War Camo Salamanders

Exhumed

Painted up a few of my 'manders in this old skewl yellow and black colour scheme that can be found in the pages of the original Rogue trader 40k rulebook. This was entirely because I went to my local club to paint and found that there was not a pot of snot green with five miles, so hello yellow!

My freehand is generally rubbist (along with the painting altogether)

gallery_10104_3542_88883.jpg

gallery_10104_3542_332114.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Thats great freehand! Don't knock yourself down. However, and I'm being annoying fluff-lover here, marines don't need camo! The solution? Say its a different chapter and thats their colour scheme, and they are aiding your Salamanders. I also like the yellow. Very solid.

:P True fluff-lovers would remember that this is the original Salamanders scheme--I love it B) The TRUE old-school Sallies player would also use the original chapter symbol...

Even if some modern marines don't use camo--and Imperial Armour 2 clearly shows this isn't a universal rule--the old patterns deserve to be venerated. I can see them remaining in use by veteran (stern- and van-) squads, as well as colour guard, in a modern-scheme chapter.

I think this is awesome.

And something to consider with your naysayers: if GW taught us anything (aside from prices CAN go up, har har) is that fluff is mutable and can change to suit current needs. I think this a great homage to a classic time. It's really pleasing to see this style of recognition for some of the older fluff.

So keep up the awesome work and perhaps drop some pics of your deodorant stick gunship?

New bonus pics!

A couple of marines who have been painted using Bannus' quick-sallie-drybrush scheme. Not 100% finished but they look about as good as any of my finished "standard" painted blokes so I'm happy with the tabletop quality. (and the ease and speed of painting as well, cheers bannus)

gallery_10104_3542_116254.jpg

gallery_10104_3542_249823.jpg

Devestator

gallery_10104_3542_167376.jpg

And some random bonus ones.

2nd Company Captain

gallery_10104_3542_270630.jpg

gallery_10104_3542_171376.jpg

And a couple of sneaky tyranic veteran smurfs who join my deathwatch/sternguard.

gallery_10104_3542_356557.jpg

gallery_10104_3542_7755.jpg

Thanks for viewing, ye olde slatterns!

Archived