An annoying dilemma

Kairos

I was playing an Apocalypse game with my friend, and he shot at my Guardians with a Warlock with Conceal. I was going to use my cover save, but he said I couldn't, as I didn't declare I was using Conceal in the previous turn. I looked at him blankly and said that it's obvious I was going to use it (why the hell wouldn't I), and I didn't think I needed to declare it because Warlock powers don't need a Psychic test. Was he cheating or just being an annoying rules lawyer?

Na, he's just dumb (sorry to, but yea :HS: :P).

It doesn't matter whether you use one before or not. You always get it (except against things that ignore cover saves). His argument means that since I didn't use my stormshields to save against bolter fire last turn (preferring my terminator armor instead), I can't use them against lascannons this turn.

Anyway, Conceal is always on. You have no choice in the matter, so if the Warlock is on the table, it's in effect no matter what (well, some things may ignore it, but it doesn't mean it's not there. I cover my eyes and I don't see that red light, but guess what...)

Why would you even worry about that? If marines can use thunderhammers and storm shields together (a "two handed" and "one handed" in the outdated classification system) or even two thunderhammers together (two "two-handed") then why not a relic blade and shield? It's not going to get faq'd away.

Na, he's just dumb (sorry to, but yea :lol: :teehee:).

Coming from the guy who was saying that thunderhammers WERE two handed weapons? pfft.

Anyway, i dont actually see where it does say that conceal is always on, it says the power is always avalible so you dont need to test, but i would say that you still need to declare you're using it. And i know the error of my ways now anyway (not that that was too horrible considering i didn't do anything about him using Eldarich Storm in the movement phase :tu:) because gamesworkshop themselves did it. (the having conceal always on, not the eldarich storm in the movement phase.)

(Heavy sarcasm implied here) And everything that Games Workshop does doesn't ever contradict the rules....... (like instant death-ing a squiggoth with a volcano cannon (tale of four gamers)). :lol:

BTW that last bit was not saying im still gunna say you have to declare, i just wanted to point out GW makes mistakes as well :lol:

Why would you even worry about that? If marines can use thunderhammers and storm shields together (a "two handed" and "one handed" in the outdated classification system) or even two thunderhammers together (two "two-handed") then why not a relic blade and shield? It's not going to get faq'd away.

Na, he's just dumb (sorry to, but yea :lol: :teehee:).

Coming from the guy who was saying that thunderhammers WERE two handed weapons? pfft.

Anyway, i dont actually see where it does say that conceal is always on, it says the power is always avalible so you dont need to test, but i would say that you still need to declare you're using it. And i know the error of my ways now anyway (not that that was too horrible considering i didn't do anything about him using Eldarich Storm in the movement phase :D) because gamesworkshop themselves did it. (the having conceal always on, not the eldarich storm in the movement phase.)

(Heavy sarcasm implied here) And everything that Games Workshop does doesn't ever contradict the rules....... (like instant death-ing a squiggoth with a volcano cannon (tale of four gamers)). :lol:

BTW that last bit was not saying im still gunna say you have to declare, i just wanted to point out GW makes mistakes as well :lol:

I don't think they ID'd the Squiggoth in the Tale of 4 Gamers, I think it was in the battle of the Shadowsword release. Also, I don't think GW "did it", as such. I'm pretty sure WD is seperate from GW. Also, WD battles have more mistakes than Chinese to English instructions.

I don't think they ID'd the Squiggoth in the Tale of 4 Gamers, I think it was in the battle of the Shadowsword release. Also, I don't think GW "did it", as such. I'm pretty sure WD is seperate from GW. Also, WD battles have more mistakes than Chinese to English instructions.

EDIT: You were right.

Its much like shrouding for Grey Knights, you do not have to declare at teh start of your turn that your grey knights are going to be using shrouding, its 'always active'. The same goes for conceal.

Archived