Scout rules FAQ

greatcrusade08

The rule says the enemy unit's Leadership is reduced by 2. Not 4, not 6, but 2.
yes per cerberus launcher thats correct

The rule is not individual to each speeder, but specifically says that if a unit is charged by Scouts after disembarking from an LSS, their Leadership is reduced by 2.

Where does it say this? each LSS is an indvidual unit and has its own rules, the rule states disembarking from THE LSS not AN LSS, menaing the rule is specific to one squad of scouts and one LSS, a second will have the same effect.. in essence the rule is not a blanket rule. Its like saying a unit can only be lashed once????

You only need one unit of Scouts to satisfy that condition, and multiple units do not make the condition more satisfied. If 2 or more LSS scout units assault a unit, the enemy has still been assaulted by Scouts after LSS disembarking. Therefore in all cases, they reduce their leadership by 2. No more.

this is a misconception, the modifier occurs as a scout squad charges from an individual LSS, more than one scout squad charging equals more than one reduction.

Its like saying a unit can only be lashed once????

Exactly: which was why the lash rule was entirely reworded to remove the ambiguity.

The current Cerberus rule and the original lash rule are worded in the same way. Clearly, the lash rule was ambiguous and people where interpreting it either way, hence GW errataed (if that's a word) it.

Just because the lash rule was changed to it's current, errataed, wording, doesn't necessarily mean that the Cerberus rule would be changed in the same way if it was also errataed. It might go that way, but it is not for certain.

I think that the argument for the Cerebus is ambiguous and open to interpretation.

My own view for what it's worth is that it does indeed stack, based upon my reading that the rule is for each cerebus attacking any enemy unit. So thus any unit attacked by any particular cerebus suffers a -2 reduction to their Ld. This 2 reduction isn't stated as being the lowest limit to which their Leadership can fall for any particular attacked unit, its merely detailing the limit of effect of each Cerebus. But I can see why others would see it differently.

As this is essentially one persons' FAQ for Scouts doesn't mean to say everyone has to agree with everything – at best it's a houserule solution. As always if you can't agree with an opponent then dice for it.

Need one say more?

To summarise

whilst i agree on first look (now that Pingo has managed to explain his argument :lol: )that the wording may be a little ambiguous, once you look further at the actual RAW it removes alot of this ambiguety.

the wording of the rule clearly shows the 'rule' is dealing with a single LSS and squad and as such the argument that its a blanket rule is an assumption, as each LSS is its own unit the only way to prevent them from stacking is to note it in the rule.

Id be more willing to "roll of" this rule now that i understand the counter argument, but since the argument that they stack is far more the likely case it still stands for this FAQ.

Gc08

Gc08 and Mal by all means have a discussion – but keep the personal sniping in check please.

I think that the argument for the Cerebus is ambiguous and open to interpretation.

My own view for what it's worth is that it does indeed stack, based upon my reading that the rule is for each cerebus attacking any enemy unit. So thus any unit attacked by any particular cerebus suffers a -2 reduction to their Ld. This 2 reduction isn't stated as being the lowest limit to which their Leadership can fall for any particular attacked unit, its merely detailing the limit of effect of each Cerebus. But I can see why others would see it differently.

As this is essentially one persons' FAQ for Scouts doesn't mean to say everyone has to agree with everything – at best it's a houserule solution. As always if you can't agree with an opponent then dice for it.

As it goes I can see this Cerebus element heading for the Grey Area topic pretty pronto ;).

Cheers

I

I have to agree with Isiah.

I'm pretty sure the Cerebus Launchers stack. I have no evidence to back me up that hasn't been presented by GC08.

Archived