Can you Ram 2 or more vehicles?

This came up i my last game, a chaos rhino rammed into the sides of my 2 space marine rhinos.

What exactly should happen in this situation?

We were pressed for time so we just chose to play as though the chaos rhino had rammed them individually, but this just felt wrong. I think their ought to be some kind of issue here such as halving the strength to each target or redistributing it all to one target.

Did we play it correctly, or am I right in thinking there ought to be another explanation?

Cheers.

Hm...

"Ramming is a Special type of tank shock move and is executed the same way (...)"

- Rulebook, page 69, "Ramming"

"Once the Vehicle has been 'aimed' (...) movethe vehicle straight forward (...) no other changes of direction are allowed during a tank shock."

- Rulebook, page 68, "Tank Shock"

It would be rare that two vehicles are contacted by a straight move. The ramming vehicle would have to start perfectly aligned with the two vehicles, who would have to be at exactly the same distance to it. However, the rules for ramming do describe that if the initially rammed target is destroyed, the ramming vehicle continues to move and can ram into additional targets behind the first one.

I am with Legatus on this one. There is nothing but the limitations of a vehicle's movement that would prohibit it ramming two vehicles. But, like he said, they would have to be exactly perpendicular, otherwise it would strike one before the other. In any case where they are not perpendicular, the ramming vehicle would have to destroy the first one to impact the second. If they are perpendicular, that is, if the double ram is actually possible, you would resolve them individually. I actually do not think there would be any reason to think the force would be less just because it is ramming two targets, unless they have different armour values.

There's nothing in the rules to prevent a double ram. Work it out individually, one roll for each vehicle, not one roll for both.

Of course the odds of linine tanks perfectly to allow for this would require a micrometer, laser alignment and the concent of both players.

Not exactly common occurances...

If you want to avoit it, just have one tank 1mm ajar to the other.

The situation came up where the tanks were in an arrow head formation. - >

I had to concede that he did legally hit them both dead on. I think we played it the right way as jeffersonian000 said.

Come to think of i though the way I will be doing it next time is making sure they are slightly misaligned, making sure the ram goes in order (so he has to get through one to get the other).

Cheers for the comments everyone, if anyone else has other ideas on the subject I would welcome them.

Captain

Archived