Space marine Command squad

Ration

Have had a disscusion with my playpals about the use of command squads. They state that the Command squad are a retinue for a SM captain therfore he can not be targeted before every veteran dies and he can strike at the enemy even if he is not in base contact.

But i can not see anywhere in the sm codex that states there a retinue and they do not have to be fielded with the captain wich a retinue must be.

i have not seen any answer from gw on this and we cant agree on what they are, please help.

A 'Retinue' is a special squad fielded together with a character which he cannot leave during the game. (Rulebook, page 48)

Space Marine Command Squads and Honour Guards can only be taken if a certain character is also included, but they are then not fielded together with that model. Therefor they do not fit the description of a Retinue.

Yeah retinues topics have been done to death, unless it specifically gives them the retinue rule in thier special rules, then they dont have it.

Just to clarify Space marines have NO retinues in thier codex, IC's can be targetted seperately in combat.

GC08

Archived