Blood Angels Tacticals

tahrikmili

White undercoat, three coats of 2:1 watered down Blood Red followed by a coat of 3:1 watered down Red Ink. Then I blackline with black ink. I'm considering trying the dipping technique instead of the coat of Red Ink though.

I highlight with Blood Red only. Highlighting with oranges was never something I got lucky with. The minis ended up looking too orange for my tastes, so I decided to forego highlighting beyond Blood Red. Maybe I should try again some day.

Simple, but effective. They look great, can't wait to see you entire force :P

I highlight with Blood Red only. Highlighting with oranges was never something I got lucky with. The minis ended up looking too orange for my tastes, so I decided to forego highlighting beyond Blood Red. Maybe I should try again some day.

Have you tried mixing in a bit of Dwarf Flesh with the Blood Red?

Simple, but effective. They look great, can't wait to see you entire force :tu:

Have you tried mixing in a bit of Dwarf Flesh with the Blood Red?

Thanks! It's goona take a while for me to actually finish painting up a sizable force, I'm slow..

And no, I haven't tried Dwarf Flesh but I have it and I'm going to test it this week on the new batch of marines I'm working on. If it works well I'll go back and do it to the old ones as well and post new pics :)

Archived