Daemon Prince Fun!

Greetings fellow devotees to the chaos gods! Just wondering what options you guys use on your daemon princes. Do you make them psykers? or just plain psycho? I personally like taking a winged nurgle daemon prince with wind of chaos. Toughness 6, and you get that devestating flame template, great against any army. Then you can charge them after you flame them, ignoring all armor saves!!!

I run two Prince's, I go with a Tzeench with wings,warptime and wind of chaos rerolling on your wind of chaos to kill is just awsome, most pricey prince but the best without a shadow of a doubt. I also run a slanesh one with wings and lash.

I know most people find lash princes a cheese fest but there no where near as dangerous as the Tzeench flavour. In my opinion and the 4+ inv save is just the cherry on the cake.

Artangel

Tzeentch DP: MOT, Wings, Warptime, Doombolt or WoC

My fav. Shockingly, the nastiest fighter as well. Also, most expensive

I run that price as well. Very costly, but very nasty.

Tzeentch DP with wings, warptime, and wind of chaos is definitely the most effective. however, playing a pure Khorne (fluffy list sort of :)) army i can only take a Khorne DP with wings :)

I was in the same boat, and got sick of having a list that didn't even make me or my enemy think during the game. I ran a DP with MOK & wings, but he was playing like just another bersekrer unit.

So I found 15 points and a hat for my DP and now my games are much more fun for both me and my opponents. MOS, Wings, Lash, and a big red suit of armor. MOS is surprisingly good all on its own; if you win combat (and you usually do) and the enemy fails morale, you WILL chase them down.

I prefer the more durable models inside a large group of my marines instead of having them in the open. But when I do run a prince, its normally nurgle or khorne with the usual fixings. Warptime on the nurgle, nothing on the khorne. (cannon fodder for my vehicles mostly)

Nugle, Wings, Warptime. Anything else just doesn't cut it! ;)

In my last game, he took out 2x5 bike squads and a razorback, before killing himself on the psychic test for warptime. Doh!

Heh, what i like to do against people at my GW (since i'm really the only good chaos players there) is to just take a daemon prince with wings. it's not that costly and it definiately distracts alot of fire for those people who don't know what it does ;) the bigger they are, the more fire they attract. :cuss

Heh, what i like to do against people at my GW (since i'm really the only good chaos players there) is to just take a daemon prince with wings. it's not that costly and it definiately distracts alot of fire for those people who don't know what it does :P the bigger they are, the more fire they attract. ^_^

I really hate that, in the most games I've played, my dp gets the most firepower and gets killed, usually via drop pods or other deepstriking nasties, rarely he gets punched into face. That's just so silly, the one who has ascended into daemonhood gets killed by some deeping precision strike units. Rawr. When he gets into close combat, he beats down everyone, and usually when he has gotten into there, he is lodged into enemy lines like a wedge. And, that's not all, but he is the last man standing too then, usually.

I know, the more targets you present the more difficult it gets for the opponent to choose. I've tried hiding him behind until my spearhead hits home, but then the deepstriking units strike into rear and blow off my spine, dp and oblits usually among them.

My opinion is, that dp should have that 4+ inv as standard, or better toughness. I don't mind paying some points more.

Heh, what i like to do against people at my GW (since i'm really the only good chaos players there) is to just take a daemon prince with wings. it's not that costly and it definiately distracts alot of fire for those people who don't know what it does :P the bigger they are, the more fire they attract. B)

I really hate that, in the most games I've played, my dp gets the most firepower and gets killed, usually via drop pods or other deepstriking nasties, rarely he gets punched into face. That's just so silly, the one who has ascended into daemonhood gets killed by some deeping precision strike units. Rawr. When he gets into close combat, he beats down everyone, and usually when he has gotten into there, he is lodged into enemy lines like a wedge. And, that's not all, but he is the last man standing too then, usually.

I know, the more targets you present the more difficult it gets for the opponent to choose. I've tried hiding him behind until my spearhead hits home, but then the deepstriking units strike into rear and blow off my spine, dp and oblits usually among them.

My opinion is, that dp should have that 4+ inv as standard, or better toughness. I don't mind paying some points more.

yeah i definately agree...that would help us chaos players more.

Archived