Dark angel librarian

So if you turn to page 38 of your Dark Angel codex you will see the awesome picture of a dark angels librarian. It has been my desire to turn this artwork into a model, and i am finally putting that plan into motion. Below is my brainstorming thoughts on possible bits and greenstuff. Please help if you get any ideas that would work. My main problem is items and the body seem dis-proportionate to the actual models and bits.

Legs

Need a pair of space marine legs that are strutting forwards. Looks like a pair of legs from assault marines or blood angel deathguard are the pose i want.

Robe

will be greenstuff the bottom part of the robe

Skull and incense

Off of the dark angel veteran sprue

pocketwatch

might be abandoned, too small to be noticeable. Might add something there instead

Pistol/book?

Im debating what the thing is hanging off of his left side. it looks too big to be a pistol, so I presume it is another closed book?

Two Belts

Probably work on greenstuffing unless i can find plastic ammo belts somewhere to combine them

Chest piece

Dark angel veteran chestpiece

Front book

I dont know if a plastic book is made small enough to put here. Will also be looking into small chain.

collar

the collar piece makes it look like older armor, but adding this would cover his face. Might leave it out or make it very small to put the head on top?

Head

Probably need to find a bald screaming head, or use the ravenwing head. Still, its a unique facial expression, and i will green stuff the hood.

Arms

arms seem standard. Might need to do some minor converting to get the hands right.

Shoulder pads

the right one appears to have a book on it, the left the "ram skull" that the one librarion model has. Will see if that is seperate from the model.

Backpack

looks standard with dark angel reaper on top. I will be stealing the braziers from empire fire wizards, and either place them on the round ends of the backpack, or chop those off and replace with the braziers.

Force weapon

Huge william wallace sword, covered in scriptures and purity seals. Will have to use artistic license to strap it on.

Cables

will have to green stuff or use wires for the cables on his face, head to backpack, and arms to backpack.

the lightning in the hands

debating if i should add this in or not. might green stuff it or use painting techniques to work it in.

I think thats about it. Will get to it soon to acquire the bits and begin assembling. Also, has anyone attempted this guy before. I just loved the artwork the first time i saw it and thought: i want that model!!

• 2 years later...

Archived