Heroes of the Hollow Eye

Some of my recently painted heroes for my renegade DIY Chapter the Hollow Eye Clan. All images are clickable thumbnails.

Archon Coren Vault (Chapter Master Equivalent)

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt328/reize-ashurea/Warhammer%2040k/th_P1050848.jpg

He's magnetized, and can be swapped from his power/force/relic weapon and storm shield to a Thunder hammer and storm bolter, his backpack can be swapped for a jump pack and he can be removed from his base to mount on his hover bike.Check here for the WIP page.

He is pragmatic but a people's man. Civilians and men under him adore and respect him because of his constant personal involvement, fighting abreast with his men, and working alongside his charges when no fighting is to be done. He is an extremely imposing figure, most of the men under his command barely reach his chest in height alone. Archon Coren has had gone toe to toe with a Greater Daemon of Tzeentch before, and is essentially immune to aging due to the backlash of arcane powers upon destroying it. However, this backlash has also tainted the Archon with the warp, and all the men who had been serving with him in the battle, burning their eyes out and leaving them with blue flames in the sockets.

Vizier Khelbrun (Chief Librarian) and The Iron Maiden (Familiar - But i cant use it now)

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt328/reize-ashurea/Warhammer%2040k/th_P1050847.jpg

He is the advisor to Archon Coren, head of the Librarium and psychic training. He is also the Captain of the 1st Company, the Purple Heart, all of them veterans with Terminator Honors. He strides to battle with his own creation, the Iron Maiden, a woman of steel made from the remnant armor and corpses of slain Battle Sisters sewn and wired into a single metal monstrosity.

Khelbrun, like all other original Hollow Eye Clan members have no eyes, however unlike the others who now have blue flames in their eye sockets. He has red flares that he has learned to fire red flames out of his eyes akin to using a psychic ability, however this ability does not tap into the warp. He now teaches other psykers within the Clan with limited success, especially new initiates who do not share the original cadre's lack of eyes. Most students under his tutelage are however, capable of creating short flares that blind enemies that face them.

The Judge (Reculsiarch)

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt328/reize-ashurea/Warhammer%2040k/th_P1050849.jpg

The head of the Reclusiam and the Chapel. He teaches initiates the history and traditions of the chapter, and also provides spiritual fulfillment to brothers who are recruited from their new homeworld of Vauren, whom they make up the majority of the chapter and retain their religious affiliation from their former lives. The Judge is also a Vaurenian native, of the Ashurean people, who are mostly unified over-zealous warrior-technopriests. As such, he commands more respect from new initiates than Captains of the original cadre, or even other native Captains. The Judge could also be vaguely described as serene during peace time and also near psychopathic when in the heat of battle, taking to the air in his ebony armor and crashing down upon his foes, often doing his killing by tearing them apart with his bare hands.

He bears the funeral wrappings of Corazon, the first Archon of the Hollow Eye, a cloak belonging to Corazon that was used by Salahad, then first Captain and future second Archon, to wrap Corazon and bring him home when he died gloriously on the field against huge odds. The Wrappings of Corazon were later removed from the body and placed in the Reclusiam's Relic Hall before Corazon was cremated. The Wrappins of Corazon are now brought to battle by The Judge to remind all brothers of the sacrifice and to motivate them into an insatiable frenzy.

Reize-Serra and Reize-Primus (Assault Sergeants)

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt328/reize-ashurea/Warhammer%2040k/th_P1050852.jpg

Both Serra and Primus (Pictured respectively) are clones of Vauren's first Ashurean Queen, who was also a product of genetic breeding, part of an eugenics program to create a very weak artificial hive mind amongst the Ashurean population. They do not serve the Hollow Eye Clan as Space Marines but are attached as liaisons and support to the Chapter by the Vaurenian government, instead of retaining their birthright as possible candidates as the Queen if the current one dies. Serra is more machine than human from constant bionic replacement of organic parts, now she is only human in personality and thought, Primus is organic through and through, with genetic alterations to give her endurance, strength, agility and perception quite similar to a Space Marine, but of a different method.

=================================================================================================

EDIT: Added a bit more history behind the cloak that the Judge wears on his right arm. The truth is that i actually bought the model second hand, and the arm was cut in half, with the hand and crozius in one piece, and the model only having up to the shoulder, with the arm missing, so i had to replace the arm with something to cover it up.

Inspiration for the color scheme actually comes from the way most art depicted ancient Roman patrician fashion, where most wore white togas with purple sashes adorned with jewelery of gold.

I thought it actually looked pretty good :P Not sure about everyone else. But color schemes aside, id rather be more concerned about how well i painted them XD.

And white is a pretty color.

Archived