multiple assaults n flying units

Sir_Cosme

hi, im a newbie, i just started playing this week with a friend i have a few questions. I couldnt find much about them in the translated version of the rulebook that came with our Assault on Black Reach box, so here goes nothing. Hope im not posting in the wrong place or anything.

1) In the case of multiple units assaulting the same target unit, can the attacked unit counter-attack against both? or just against one? in the later case, against which? For example lets say I have unit of Termies and in the same turn my opponent assaults them with a unit of Guyz, and a unit of Nobz, will my termies attack both of their units? (its small unit so all of the termies are within 5cm of each other)

2) Can a flying unit (lets say 3 ork Koptaz) fire through another friendly unit at an opposing one? theres LoS, but he has unit of Guyz in the middle for example.

i think thats all for now, thanks for the help, and again, sorry if shouldnt have posted this here.

1) The multiple assault is in the rulebook, it is called a multiple assault. You get to divide your attacks between the enemy units. If the model is in base to base contact with only one enemy unit, it can only direct its attacks at that unit. If the model is in base to base contact with two (or more) enemy units it can direct its attack(s) at either or both or the enemy units. If you are not in base to base contact but are within 2"(or 5cm if that is the metric equivelent) of models of its unit that are in base to base contact with an enemy unit, you can direct his attacks agains any enemy unit that the nearby models are in base to base contact with.

2) All unit fire from where they are modeled, even if they are skimmerslike Koptazs. If you can see it, you can shot it but the enemy will get a cover save if your unit is between the shoter and the target.

If you can see it, you can shot it but the enemy will get a cover save if any units, friend or foe, obscure the LOS between the shoter and the target.

Quick fix, there... :)

Simply being 'between' is not enough to give cover. LOS must be obstructed. And most fliers can likely see well enough over normal infantry to not have their LOS blocked by units 'between' them and their target.

thanks a lot for the answers.

The rulebook we got is the spanish translation, which wouldnt be so bad, since we speak spanish as our mother-tongue, but the translation sucks, its terrible, at times it mixes data and its quite hard to understand.

about the assault question, it was kinda confusing as it seemed to imply that that restriction was for the attacking unit. Like if you decided to move your assaulting unit to a place where it ended touching two units you could divide your attacks.

I get what you mean now, and its what we kinda expected from a logical standpoint hehe

about the second question, id like a definite answer haha, do they get cover or not?

i think i will need to get a new rulebook anyway, it looks like the one we got is not 5ed or the translation is worse than we though or something

about the second question, id like a definite answer haha, do they get cover or not?

If any part of the unit (as a whole, not just individual models in the unit) between the shooter and target obscures the LOS to the target, then they'll get a cover save. If you can see completely over the unit (as a whole) and LOS to the target is completely unobstructed, then there's no cover save.

Archived