First Black Templar in a while

Twin .44

Well, I did a lot of work on this while waiting for an order to come in. Probably the best work I've done on a single model in a good long time, so be gentle in the judging ;) just messing around, if it's bad let me know. Thanks!

Front

gallery_42800_3329_12599.jpg

Left

gallery_42800_3329_20807.jpg

Back

gallery_42800_3329_2754.jpg

Right

gallery_42800_3329_39273.jpg

looks good. i like the color of the tabard, but it seems to blend in with the scrolls. or maybe it's just me. all in all, great job.

you are most certainly right, they are scab red just like the tabbard itself. I liked the though of it being the same. it was also to test myself in making a sepaation of the colors using a mix of scab red, chaos black and pletny of water. I was satisfied by the result although I can see it as kind of confusing.

superb!!

That's a first! Thanks!

Really like what you have there, especially the tabard. I'm more of a faint highlight sort of person when it comes to black, but the bold highlights on the black work for you. Any plans for the bolter pistol barrel?

Cheers, Messanger

That seems to be a common quarrrel on this forum. I'll probably give it a shot at putting a small hole through the pistol, but most time it comes out rather small. I've done the faint highlights before and it came out quite amazing, but the bold works for the black templars as it kind of throws it right out and makes you see it, much like the warfare of the BT. I guess I'm a little too philosophical with my painting B) .

So there are your templars. Extreme only works with clean highlights and yours certantly are nice and clean. Great work.

and it's all your fault MEanBOb! saw yours and wanted to paint one! thanks ;)

Archived