question on tank shock

hey there all its been a while since ive actually played a game

but had a question and didnt know where to post it...so i hope i got the right forum

anyway when arriving from reserve with a tank...are you able to tank shock when you come on the board or is tank shock a special rule and not a moving action/ability

Strictly speaking, since the rules for a tank shock specifically describe how the Tank is "aimed", which you could not do with a vehicle moving on to the board, a Tank coming in from reserve could not perform a Tank shock. But it is very easy, and probably in the spirit of the rules, to be allowed to perform a tank shock from a specific "point" of teh board edge straight to a designated target point, complete with designated movement distance.

Incorrect.

Reserves rule, page 94:

"Each model’s move is measured from the edge of the battlefield, as if they had been positioned just off the board in the previous turn and moved as normal."

Therefore, it is perfectly within the rules to Tank Shock when coming in from reserves.

how does a tank shock work when you have a squadron of tanks?? as in the new guard dex?

do you test per tank that shocks you? or only once?

How do you death or glory? do you get a death or glory per tank? can the same model do all the death or glorys?

Unless there are rules in the IG book that deal with your question that I'm unaware of, the only answers you're going to get on that question will be house rules.

The only BRB rules relevant is that each tank in the squadron moves at the same speed, and must remain within 4" coherency.

As far as Tank Shock goes, the only model eligible for Death or Glory is one that is physically run over by a tank.

My house rules? If the declared movement speed would put you out of coherency based on a successful DoG attack, I'd say the other vehicles in the squadron stop within coherency distance.

You'd only get a DoG for each Tank that actually Tank Shocked a unit.

Thanks GW for breaking your own game. :/

how does a tank shock work when you have a squadron of tanks?? as in the new guard dex?
OMG that's awesome. Good catch.

do you test per tank that shocks you? or only once?
As I'm at school and not with my BRB, I'll have to guesstimate for now and and change this after I get the answer. I would think it'd cause 3 tank shocks, as they are three vehicles "ramming" a unit. It'd be the same as 3 seperate tanks shocking a single unit. Take one test, resolve, take second test, resolve, take third test, resolve. But then, it is only a single unit tank shocking, despite the fact there are three tanks. I suppose it depends whether it says "unit" or "vehicle" in the TS rules.

How do you death or glory? do you get a death or glory per tank? can the same model do all the death or glorys?
No idea here, but I think it'd have to be 3 different models, unlike my above example. If it's three different tank units, as long as that DoG'er is still alive he can whack them all. But since it's a single unit...only one model.

I asked GW staff that question.. I asked three people and I got two different answers - there is nothing about squadrons and tank shock in the BRB or the IG dex...

Basically what you said seahawk - 3 tanks is three tests - similar to an IC in combat counts as a seperate unit for attack/wound allocation - you get to DoG three times but not with the same dude.. one said with the same dude -

the other said something different - One test - one tank shock - and if you stop the lead tank the others dont shock..

And a fourth person said (he is very very high up in the gw ranks in aus) said, why would you DoG? its such a crap rule...

BUt some of the tactics it opens up are pretty nasty - a unit of russ's can move a unit along way and after three shocks thats one seriously bunched up unit..

Archived