Sicarius

These questions are with regard to Sicarius and his Battle-forged Heroes rule.

First: When exactly do you decide which squad gets which special rule? The wording of his rule implies that the rule is chosen when you make the army list and as an option for the squad (as opposed to just before the game starts and thus being able to 'tailor' your list to specific opponents).

Second: If a Tactical Squad has Infiltrate, and chooses to Combat Squad, can one combat squad outflank and the other Infiltrate? Or do both have to do the same thing?

Cheers, thanks in advance.

It doesnt mention a time, so Id say it goes into effect with your army list... wich would in turn allow you to combat squad them and get two 5 man squad with said abilities. Could be fun with a lascannon and a meltagun in two different squad with tank hunters.

It doesnt mention a time, so Id say it goes into effect with your army list... wich would in turn allow you to combat squad them and get two 5 man squad with said abilities. Could be fun with a lascannon and a meltagun in two different squad with tank hunters.

i reckon you choose which unit gets it at the start of the game (i.e before you deploy) therefore yes they can combat-squad and deploy in different places

You choose at the start of the game. I encountered this exact problem when using Sicarius in a three-round tourney. GW's answer from the rules email people was "choose each round", which equates to "choose when each game starts."

you combat squad upon deployment, you choose outflanking before that, so no combat squadding and having one squad follow one deployment type while the other another (normal deployment, deep strike, outflank, reserves, infiltrate etc.)

Archived