Movie Space Marines Converting Project

Very nice models, I like it when that much work is put into a single squad. Just so you know I might steal the idea with the bolter arm.

Any chance you have found the Movie Marines list online? If so a link would be good.

Wow this is epic. Are these true scaled or do they just look big naturally.

they aren't true scaled but they are lavishly upgraded and stand on taller and bigger bases

with fancy rounded edges which normal marines can't afford without move star sallaries :)

Exactly.

Nice models, though I'm not sure I like your blasphemy.

Having trouble with the "snuggie?" Really, I don't think it will look like that when its all painted up.

As for the list online, I think that someone posted it up on Dakka Dakka in the modeling and miniatures forum (on another thread with the same pics as this one).

I love it, great modeling and painting and well just wonderfull.

The technical effort to do this is rough. I could never pull this off my conversions never look this good or my painting skill this high.

Keep it up

Nice. Though it looks like he looted the armouries of several chapters. Guess he got bored of his genericness.

You know, one of the big reasons I'm using Ultramarines is because they're so generic. By that I mean that I can add almost anything to them and it will work.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update, I'm currently painting the Flamer and the one with the terminator head (I figured that I should do him next, since he seems to be the most controversial).

In any case, they'll be up soon. I know I'm taking my sweet time painting these guys, but they aren't the only project that I'm working on, so I only do them off and on.

• 3 weeks later...

I really LOVE them except for a few things:

-why is there a scope on a frikin' flamer?

-not a big fan of the terminator/hoodie guy...

-and your paint schemes seem to be kinda random...

But besides that they are awesome!

Edit: And if they're ultramarines, put more U's on them!!!

I really LOVE them except for a few things:

-why is there a scope on a frikin' flamer?

Because the flamer has a 24 inch range.

-not a big fan of the terminator/hoodie guy...

He seems kind of hit and miss, but at least he's invoking strong emotions.

-and your paint schemes seem to be kinda random...

Older fluff pics have a lot more variations within the chapter, so on this project, I'm trying to do a little of all of them.

Edit: And if they're ultramarines, put more U's on them!!!

Oh, drat, I just realized that almost none of my Us are showing up in the photos. Anyway, except for the terminator, they all have at least one U on them somewhere.

Here are a couple new angles, so that you can see the inversed omega better.

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3240&stc=1&d=1246375996

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3241&stc=1&d=1246376016

I think I'll do some more prominent chapter symbols on some of the other marines.

I really like these models. They look fantastic. I especially like the hoodie marine with the TDA helmet. I think fits in perfectly with the "cast" of Marines. If you look at any action flick, you see the wild variations in the look of each character to give them personality and make you care for them when they ultimately are over powered by the unimaginable odds and bite it. Whether you care in a "Oh no! Not trooper X!!" or in a way of "Yes! I hated that SOB!" you still have some sort of emotional attachment to them. I think Garden Ninja has been able to perfectly give each of his marines a specific personality that comes through with the look of the model. I like them all a lot.

Hoodie Marine w/TDA helmet = the reclusive & zen member of the unit who is a complete bad ass who will end up surprising you in the end in some way by doing something totally unexpected (like Sphinx in the remake of gone in 60 seconds when he speaks at the end for first time)

Flamer Marine = The slightly mentally unstable member of the group w/a less than pleasant bed side manner that will ultimately end up dying in a heroic yet unnecessarily suicidal manner.

Those are my favorites from your models Garden Ninja & I can't wait to see the rest of them finished!

Thank you. I had a friend of mine tell me that these guys are a lot more like film actors in power armor than space marines, so I think that means it's working.

By the way, since people are having trouble seeing the June 30 pics, I'll go ahead and repost them. FYI, they are different angles on some of the previously featured space marines, I was just trying to post pics that showed their heraldry a little better.

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3240&stc=1&d=1246375996

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3241&stc=1&d=1246376016

Are those pics working?

• 2 weeks later...

These have to be some of the best minis I've ever seen! How I wish I could paint and model HALF as good as this....

I love the way each model has personality, the flamer guy looks like the wisecracking, insubordinate member of the team who throws himself wantonly into battle screaming 'woooohooooooo', and the termie head is so effortless in his firing, he is definitely a wise old vet showing the (comparative) youngsters how it's done! There's also the stealthy knife man and the tech adept; a true great cast of heroes to do battle against the Imperium's enemies (no doubt against impossible odds, but we all know they'll get through it, with some classy one-liners thrown in).

In a word: Awesome.

These are very nice marines, some of the best modeling and painting I've seen in a long while. But I have to ask: What the heck are movie marines?!?

Back in US White Dwarf 300 (UK White Dwarf 301) Games Workshop made an army list to represent Space Marines as they are presented in the novels and fluff. (ie. as super human action heroes). I mean, look at the Marine fluff out there: one hundred Terminators vs. Hive Fleet Behemoth? Poor 'nids. If a thousand Astartes drop onto a planet, it's the pinnacle of overkill (unless there is a chapter of chaos marines there). So a ten man tactical squad of marine should be a 1500 point army, right?

The rules are entirely chapter UN-approved, and were posted to one of Games Workshop's foreign language websites and translated back into English here. There are a couple translation problems (the "hero" should be called a "dude") but those rules will work just fine..

Also,I would like to announce that Movie Marine conversions are now available from Garden Ninja Studios!

This started as a personal project, and has grown into so much more.

Find out more about them here.

• 2 weeks later...

As promised, the next movie marine is here.

I did the three angles because I felt that you couldn't see enough of the base without a top down view of it.

http://mediawonder.com/gallery/albums/userpics/Movie_Marine_Marine_2.jpg

So... what do you think?

Archived