Movie Space Marines Converting Project

wow i like them all, you have some amazing skill!

movie marines haha too bad they don't have a codex: movie marines, that would be hilarious, 1 hq model and 2 troop models could beat a whole 2500 point normal army if they had a real codex for them (then again the 3 of them would probably cost 2500 points anyway hahaha)

Very Blanchian. I think I approve of the overall idea more than I like any single model, the hoodie one in particular is just missing the mark. I really like the flamer guy, despite a little downs face he's got going there.

As for the newest addition, the ork heads marine, the knife is a bit off and the body he is standing on is a bit confusing (why is it under sand/rubble if it's a fresh kill?). I also tend to think that the "holding a decapitated head by hair" is pretty cliche and 75% of the time poorly done, but I think you pulled it off decently; the hair is a bit "meh" but the pose ties it together well enough.

I can't wait to see the rhino, it looks pretty good!

Very Blanchian.

I think you get what I was going for. I actually did a few things based directly on Blanch's artwork. I guess the pitfall of this is that Blanche's work is never very well balanced, so in invoking that, I end up with some imbalances in my minis.

wow i like them all, you have some amazing skill!

movie marines haha too bad they don't have a codex...

The highest ranking marine from the list was a Sergeant. We don't want to know what the terminator captain looks like.

The full rules that I'm using are printed up in White Dwarf 300 (officially, but also chapter unapproved). It was a joke list, and a ten marine tactical squad with a rhino is a 1500 point army.

The rules were posted to GW's official site in German or Dutch or something, then re-translated into English here.

I'm thinking about doing some more marines from a different chapter, and having enough for a massive apocalypse game.

loving the stuff here its great,ive been looking at the move marines list for a while now

never goten around to using it yet ;)

Servo-Arms: Space marines are armed with a servo armament that adds a 3+ saving throw against all hits that allow saves.

can someone clarify what that means to me? im not understanding what it says, if this starts an argument please just delete the posts, i do not want to jeopardise this wonderful thread :confused:

It is a really big translation mistake. I'm not sure how they drifted that far, so it must have been mistranslated out of English, then mistranslated back into English. What is should read is more like this:

Space Marine Power Armor- Power armor grants Movie Marines a 3+ armor save and a 3+ invulnerable save. If neither save is negated, a space marine may make both saves (first he makes his armor save, then his invulnerable save).

So, if you get shot by a bolter (AP 5) you get to make a 3+ armor save, and if you fail that, make a 3+ invulnerable save. If you get shot by a lascannon, you only get your 3+ invulnerable save.

Does that make sense?

• 3 months later...

Ok, it has been a little while since I finished one of these guys, but they haven't been forgotten. Here is the newest addition:

http://mediawonder.com/gallery/albums/userpics/moviemarine-backpack.jpg

Also, I've recruited one more Stunt Double:

http://mediawonder.com/gallery/albums/userpics/Space_Hulk_Classic_1.jpg

are there rules for movie marines anywhere besides wd300?

Well, you can find them online if you look hard enough (or if you follow TheOtakuGundam's link).

GW published the rules online, but not in English. Someone at Dane of War translated it back into English and posted that online. There are a number of translation errors in that version, but overall they're pretty accurate.

The flamer hits and wounds on a 4+ (single dice roll for each model in the target unit- and on a 6 they get no armor save). The marines' power armor gives them a 3+ armor and 3+ invulnerable save, and if nothing negates either save, they get to make both. Oh, and the chainsword is really just a power weapon by the 5th ed rules (it had some extra things that made sense in 4th ed, but make no sense now).

• 2 months later...
Ah, this is fantastic. Each marine is HIGHlY individualized, exactly how I imagine Space Marines to be. However, lack of 'generic' space marines worries me :lol:. The newest model is fantastic, especially the freehand on the shield.

The only real use that a generic marine has in a movie marine force is to act as Stunt Double tokens. They allow you to auto-pass armor checks.

I'm most likely to have only three stunt doubles in this force, but I could have eight or even ten. I've painted up three classic space marines (one from Space Crusade, one from Space Hulk, and another from the 2nd ed box set). I might pick out some other plastics to add in (I just can't find those Rogue Trader beaky marine plastics- I'd love to add one of those in).

Very nice conversions my friend! Once they're all done a group picture would be great, to see the full cast in action :devil:

The freehand on the shield is my fav so far, outstanding work brother.

Very nice conversions my friend! Once they're all done a group picture would be great, to see the full cast in action :)

The freehand on the shield is my fav so far, outstanding work brother.

Thanks. I think the only group pic I have so far includes about half of them. I'll get a full shot of them all when I'm finished.

Yeah, the newest one wasn't meant to stand out so much more than the rest of them, but my wife insists that he has to be the "dude."

Anyway, three more marines and a tank left to go.

• 9 months later...

All right. It has been a long time, but I'm back in the saddle and this time I'm going to finish all of them off.

Here is the next one:

http://www.gardenninja.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/movie-marines/movie-marine-token-2.jpg

http://www.gardenninja.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/movie-marines/movie-marine-token-1.jpg

I have another that is almost completely finished that I'll have ready to post pretty soon.

man the marine with the shield is awesome both in model and paint. my next favs are the two with capes. that tiger print is great man! you dont see that too much which is good. i cant wait to see the rhino done up.

if i remember correctly way back when they published the rules, the las cannons on the razorback shoot through everything in its path right?

• 2 weeks later...

The Razorback's twin linked Lascannon is Str 10 AP 1, auto-kills enemies of any toughness and can re-roll failed to wound rolls or failed penetration rolls. It continues through everything in a straight line until it fails to kill a creature, or fails to penetrate a tanks armor.

Yeah, crazy stuff. Honestly, with the power creep going the way it is, I wonder if the rest of 40k isn't catching up.

By the way, add one more Movie Space Marine to the painted list.

This guy is meant to be a sort of weapons collector character. You know, the guy in the movie who collects way too many different weapons, but he never seems to have to reload, and always has the largest gun out and at the ready. Maybe he’s named a gun or two, and he might keep a few extra grenades on hand.

I like to think of him as Brother Jayne Cobb.

http://www.gardenninja.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/movie-marines/movie-marine-weapons.jpg

http://www.gardenninja.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/movie-marines/movie-marine-weapons-2.jpg

Archived