Which Chaos God?

hey, i was wondering. if you were in the same situation as renegades and undivided space marines what chaos god would you most want to serve? unknowing of th tabletop rules etc. would you really want to be covered in blisters and pus, or would you rather be a bloodthirsty frenzied monster?!

the choice is yours...

yea, I'm leaning to slaanesh, hell, I think with people's baser instincts we'd lean more towards nurgle and slaanesh anyways~Ithink a few would go to tzeentch and serial killers would be more inclined towards khorne of course~sorry, I took it a step further then the original question lol

Remember, Slaanesh isn't just fun and games with enhanced senses. It means a gradual desensitization where you will constantly be searching for more extreme stimulus. At first the regular world, and then everything, will become grey and boring. To be dedicated to slaanesh is, in the end, a constant battle against boredom and frustration. It isn't just sex, drugs and rocknroll.

Remember, Slaanesh isn't just fun and games with enhanced senses. It means a gradual desensitization where you will constantly be searching for more extreme stimulus. At first the regular world, and then everything, will become grey and boring. To be dedicated to slaanesh is, in the end, a constant battle against boredom and frustration. It isn't just sex, drugs and rocknroll.

right right~hmm...if I didn't know the ramifications I'd go for slaanesh hands down still (not for 'sex, drugs,and rocknroll' just that I indulge in everything anyways) hmm...I suppose that after I became a noise marine I'd probably end up killing myself by putting my head next to a sonic blaster to feel the rhythm lol that's lucius's deal isn't it? (pleasure of death I mean)

if I did know the ramifications though, I'd go with tzeentch, post rubric

Nice drudge thats how I view Khorne.

It would be Khorne or Slaanesh for me. Being manipulative only to be a pawn in the end (and make sure my real goal never gets completed, because a goal is an end, and Tzeentch never allows that). To be diseased, well... I want a partial social life, and I dont want to be emo with it. =p

Khorne and be knightly (mad knight, chaotic neutral for DnD), or Slaanesh and go for my goals, unhindered by tzeentch's carrot on a stick promises.

While certainly true, I don't think you'd get to know the consequences when making this decision, right? I think all of the gods to some extent are tempters, though to varying degrees—Khorne is probably the most up-front, as people said. So, while the end of Slaanesh-worship would be harsher, I think sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll are the part Slaany's going to tell you about first. That said...

Parts of Tzeentch really appeal to me. But I know my weaknesses, too. So it'd either be a slow corruption to Tzeentch after periods of studying things I'm told not to, or a fast and sudden fall to Slaanesh if someone tried to convert me.

Anybody else think of Khorne as lawful evil? I know by the simplest definition it looks chaotic evil, but only because his followers behave chaotically. However i think the actual principles of khornate faith are very lawful and rigid. The acts are chaotic, but the reasons for the acts are not.

Have to go Tzeentch.

Don't want to be all diseased and nasty like Nurgle, and Drudge gave a good description of why Slaanesh is bad.

So that leaves Khorne or Tzeentch. Sorcery is much more interesting than raw combat. Even if some mutations are thrown in.

Undivided for me. As a Word Bearer, I see those who devote themselves to a single god as narrow-minded fools and pawns. Why submit yourself to the will of a single patron, when you could keep your own free will and be rewarded by all of the gods instead of just one.

That being said, I would pick mighty Khorne if I had to pick one.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

I see those who devote themselves to a single god as narrow-minded fools and pawns. Why submit yourself to the will of a single patron, when you could keep your own free will and be rewarded by all of the gods instead of just one.

This sounds very familiar........

I'm just reading Daemon World by Ben Counter....

Sounds like a quote from there.

But no my Chaos army is undivided... But I prefer to give BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD.

amusing how noojne has so far picked nurgle...i think i'd be inclined towards tzeentch. but there again...for sheer amusement nurgle as you would never feel pain and being able to have someone's head explode because it's overflowing with mucus would be sadistically funny. maybe thats why i confined myself to the chaos forum section....(cue evil laugh)

amusing how noojne has so far picked nurgle...i think i'd be inclined towards tzeentch. but there again...for sheer amusement nurgle as you would never feel pain and being able to have someone's head explode because it's overflowing with mucus would be sadistically funny. maybe thats why i confined myself to the chaos forum section....(cue evil laugh)

Nurgle, to me, is the ultimate "Thanks, but no thanks" choice. As someone living outside the universe of 40k, Nurgle is actually my favorite of the Chaos gods; I find the stories that could be told about Nurgle and his followers will be (to me) the most interesting. But I wouldn't want any of those things to happen to me.

Actually, maybe that's why I find Nurgle most interesting fluff-wise. I know I'd not go in for worshipping him myself, so I find stories about people who would compelling. After all, why listen to a story where everyone acts exactly like me? I'm not that interesting.

Archived