Assault marine attacks (how many?)

wRaith203

OK, so I'm a newbie. Apologies if these are silly questions, but I can't work a few things out, and am after some clarification.

1. If I have 10 assault marines (9 marines and one sergeant), that's 11 attacks right (1 each for marines, sergeant has 2)?

2. If the marines are all armed with bolt pistols and chainswords, does that mean they now have 2 attacks each (1 attack as per stats, extra attack for 2x close combat weapons)?

3. If the squad is initiating an assault (all other things being equal) they all get an extra attack right, on top of the others?

4. If I have 9 assault marines all armed with bolt pistols and chainswords and a sergeant armed with a storm shield and power fist, and they are assaulting another unit, I can roll for up to 30 attacks (2 each for marines, 2 for sergeant +1 each for assaulting)?

5. If I have a Chaplain with CA and bolt pistol, he has 3 attacks right (2 as per stats, plus 1 for 2xCCW)? If I add him to the assault squad above, that takes the attacks for the squad up to 34 (30 for squad, plus 3 for Chaplain, plus 1 for Chaplain assaulting)?

6. So, the squad above, with the Chaplain attached, has up to 34 close combat attacks, any misses being re-rolled (thanks to the Chaplain).

Have I got it right?

1) Sort of... as you already noted, they have more attacks because of their wargear.

2) The Seargent gets three total, the rest get two total- for 21 altogether.

3) That would be correct, making it 31 total.

4) That is correct, though youll want to roll the three for the seargents powerfist seperately as its at I 1 and has different rules.

5) Yes... he gets four including his bonus for charging. He also needs to have his attacks seperately... but there are 34 in total.

6) Yep.

The only thing you dont have is that if you assault through cover youll be striking at I 1, and that if they have defensive grenades youll not get those bonus attacks from charging.

Thanks man.

With point 2, why does the sergeant get three attacks? He has a PF (one attack at S10 and I1), the SS doesn't give an extra attack and I wasn't including any charges or assault conditions. Where do you get the extra attack from?

Thanks man.

With point 2, why does the sergeant get three attacks? He has a PF (one attack at S10 and I1), the SS doesn't give an extra attack and I wasn't including any charges or assault conditions. Where do you get the extra attack from?

Well in your second point you didnt say anything about him being equiped with a powerfist.... so I assumed he had the "standard" BP+CCW setup, wich would result in him having three attacks. Sorry for the confusion.

Geez dude, can't you read my mind???

:) ;)

Sorry for leaving that out. Makes sense to me now.

Sorry that power is line of sight only ;). Im working on it though.

1) Sort of... as you already noted, they have more attacks because of their wargear.

4) That is correct, though youll want to roll the three for the seargents powerfist seperately as its at I 1 and has different rules.

5) Yes... he gets four including his bonus for charging. He also needs to have his attacks seperately... but there are 34 in total.

6) Yep.

The only thing you dont have is that if you assault through cover youll be striking at I 1, and that if they have defensive grenades youll not get those bonus attacks from charging.

Might still be thinking 4th ed grenades, but every marine comes stock with frag and krak grenades.

6. So, the squad above, with the Chaplain attached, has up to 34 close combat attacks, any misses being re-rolled (thanks to the Chaplain).

Take note that you only get the re-roll in the turn you charge, if you get charged or the combat continues, you no longer get the re-rolls.

6) Yep.

Might still be thinking 4th ed grenades, but every marine comes stock with frag and krak grenades.

Take note that you only get the re-roll in the turn you charge, if you get charged or the combat continues, you no longer get the re-rolls.

As for point 6, he was refering to on the charge.... so was I.

As for the Grenades point I was refering to assaulting a unit with defensive grenades... such as Tau Firewarriors. Though yeah, sorry about the I 1, I thought BT assault squads didnt have them standard, I guess it really is just SWs.

Archived