Rhino's Moving Flat Out Question

Dreyco

Ok, so if you have a fully load rhino and it gets to move as a fast vehicle and moves over 12" with dudes inside and then proceeds to be wrecked or explodes. Do all the guys inside die because they cannot disembark?

I'm wondering this because I play both rhino using BA as well as Eldar with Wave Serpents.

Fast Transport Vehicles

Passengers may not embark onto or disembark from fast a vehicle if it has moved (or is gping to move) flat out in that Movement phase.

Rulebook, page 70.

Since the enemy turn is not "that movement phase" where the vehicle moved at flat our speed, the unit will disembark from the destroyed vehicle normally as described on page 67.

I would have thought that igotsmeakabob!! was right if a BA Rhino moved a normal flat out (12")

but

Although it's a bit funny I would suggest that if it passed it's over-charged engines and moved flat out (18") the it would count as a fast transport making Legatus right. In the BA Codex it says that on a sucessful roll for overcharged engines the tank "the vehicle can move as if it were a fast vehicle this turn; however, the maximum distance it can move is imited to 18".

well thats my thoughts anyway.

if you look at the "vehicle explodes" entry, you could notice that it technically doesnt say that the unit disembarks, only that it is placed were the vehicle used to be. ergo it would not be destroyed.

However, it does say they disembark if the vehicle is wrecked, but does it make sense that the unit would die if the vehicle was wrecked, but would completely survive if the vehicle actually blew up?

thats why I think the embark during vehicle wrecked, over rides the cant disembark if its moved flat out rule

Fast Transport Vehicles

Passengers may not embark onto or disembark from a fast vehicle if it has moved (or is going to move) flat out in that Movement phase.

You've got more interesting rules issues going on if your vehicles are moving flat out in your opponent's movement phase or getting destroyed on your turn.

Archived