Can ravenwing turbo-boost during scout move?

Giga

A guy on local tournament did this to me. We had a rules query about it, because in the scouts move it says "may make a normal move", but then in turboboost it says nothing about scout moving. In the end I let him do it because he was a poor player anyway.

What do you guys say?

I think the DA book specifically says they can't.

Indeed DA players bikes are the only ones that can scout and can't turboboost when doing so, the BRB FAQ that allows turboboosting and scouting is overruled by the codex barring it.

There is precedence for them not being able to turboboost on the scout move. 13th Co Storm Claw bikers cannot turboboost on the scout move either. Entry for them specifically says that they are too noisy to allow it.

There is precedence for them not being able to turboboost on the scout move. 13th Co Storm Claw bikers cannot turboboost on the scout move either. Entry for them specifically says that they are too noisy to allow it.

I'm afraid precedence doesn't matter here, as the BRB FAQ clearly states it is allowed to be done. However certain units have rules forbidding it, such as Ravenwing.

I'm afraid precedence doesn't matter here, as the BRB FAQ clearly states it is allowed to be done. However certain units have rules forbidding it, such as Ravenwing.

The precedence set is that despite being allowed in the BRB, certain units/armies such as RW and 13th Co are not allowed to do it.

The precedence set is that despite being allowed in the BRB, certain units/armies such as RW and 13th Co are not allowed to do it.

Indeed, but that precedence has no value to their rule, their dex denying this though, does affect them.

Archived