Thunderfire

robzed

Hi guys i have just scratch built a thunderfire cannon and was re- reading the rules for it and i cant work out how you damage the thing.

It says that if the cannon is destroyed the tech marine becomes a indipendant character which implies that it can be damaged but it doesn't have a stat line.

if it doesn't have a statline and just counts as a heavy weapon, will it provide cover for the gunner and what save if so?

Thanks guys!

Check the artilery part of the BRB unit types section. Basically, it's AV 10 all around, and any glancing or penetrating hit will destroy it, but I can't remember if you have to randomise hits any more.

No, it won't provide cover for the Techmarine - it's part of the same unit!

Sorry to thread jack.

I am sure you are right about the distribution on a dice roll and i am sure that it is easier to hit the gun now. It is definitely in a separate section in the BRB, after beasts and jump pack troops if I remember correctly.

OK interesting question, does the Thunderfire cannon benefit from area terrain or is it declared as a vehicle (has AV after all) and therefore has to be 50% obscured.

Have just finished making my stock model (damn thing is both the easiest and most difficult thing I have ever had to put together!)

Also I assume that models suffer from subterrain rounds even if they do not suffer wounds.

yes you only need to hit, not wound for the tremore special rule.

As I said earlier if 50% of the unit is in cover the whole units gets cover, so if the techmarine is in cover the gun gets all the cover the marine would. If the techmarine is not in cover, you must treat it like a vehicle (50% hull) however, if the gun gets cover by vehicle rules, and the techmarine is in the open, the marine will also get the cover save the gun would get (again 50% of the unit rule)

Archived