Salamander tactical marine

Exhumed

Here's a salamander I drew over a few nights.

gallery_10104_3542_654083.jpg

I hope you like him and his magical boltgun. I just realised he is totally lacking in any purity seals and other weird and useless stuff, but I was trying to get the dynamics of the power armour all the correct look.

Ta

very nice, i like how you did the paint scaring off the pauldron. The only thing i can see that needs improvement is the cable bundle on his stomach needs rounded(it looks 2d) and his skin color, salamanders in fluff now are ashen to black skinned with glowing red eyes, because of their close proximity to radiation. but overall very nice job, keep up the good work.

Hey, thanks for the comments.

Yeah the body is a bit long, and even that had been re-done a number of times.

I don't like the new fluff regarding their skin colour so I'm keeping with the african look for now.

I'm off to draw some more and will take your suggestions in hand :rolleyes:

it's a nice sketch indeed, but have one important thing in mind.. correct diemensions and positioning of items... Shadowing is also very important. Your throat guard on the power armour looks like it's tilted inwards and not standing straigt up like it should, also the open ammo pouch looks like it's flying in mid-air rather than sitting attached, remember that it should be smaller and tilted differently than the frontmost one since the waist is round, not flat. And lastly the left (as seen) exhaust on the backpack looks like it's infront of the attachment point of the pack itself (like it's between the pack and the back of the marine, not attached on the side of the pack).

Don't take it like Im pissing over this, I like it, hell I couldnt draw power armour for ;) (I suck at human anatomy and thus even power armoured figures, I usually draw creepy figures that are meant to be out of proportion) but see this as another artist's constructive critisism to help you paint even better next time :D

Archived