10 chapters of Astartes!

Ole

I have some marine guys from the AoBR box and I'm frankly sick of painting Blood Angels.

So if you could name some chapters, I'd love some obscure ones with funny colours, please do. I will of course post pics and get my behind in gear!

I had about 3 days to paint an army from scratch (some were space wolves, repainted them) for a game. bunch of new boxes and a bunch of long fangs and grey hunters.

new army theme - Inquisition - Xenos

basically black, with a silver left arm, silver left shoulder pad, and the right shoulder bears an original chapter patch. eg space wolves or dark angels etc,. lets me paint an army fast, and still have a bit of fun sculpting on death watch on the left shoulder out of greenstuff, and either greenstuffing, transfering or hand painting on the right shoulder pads.

and again, its fast :P

Some pre-heresy marines would be cool. I might just do that..

Minotaurs look strangely enticing... and pretty silly. Brazen Claws are pretty cool, so yeah..

How about some chapters that aren't RED? I was thinkking maybe Mortificators?

Because I am terrible at doing heraldry and decals, I looked to GW for their metal shoulder pads.

I am working on a Deathwatch force and needed many to work with. But these pads also lend

themselves to a good variety of colour schemes:

Blood Angel pad

Blood Angels, Angels Encarmine, Angels Vermillian, Blood Ravens

BloodAngels.gifAngelsEncarmine.gifAngelsVermillion.gifBloodRavens.gif

Eagle Warrior pad

Eagle Warriors, Angels of Absolution, Angels Porphyr, Black Wings, Dark Eagles, Emperors Hawks

EagleWarriors.gifAngelsOfAbsolution.gifAngelsPorphyr.gifBlackWings.gifDarkEagles.gifEmperorsHawks.gif

Imperial Fist pad

Imperial Fists, Crimson Fists, Fire Lords, Subjugators

ImperialFists.gifCrimsonFists.gifFire_Lords.gifSubjugators.gif

Mentor pad

Mentors, Black Consuls, Raptors, Raptors-Badab, Warrior Adepts, White Consuls

Mentors.gifBlackConsuls.gifRaptors.gifRaptors_Badab.gifWarriorAdepts.gifWhiteConsuls.gif

Ciao,

CDR Grendelwulf

continued...

Silver Skull pad

Silver Skulls, Death Knights, Mortifactors, Red Hunters

SilverSkulls.gifDeathKnights.gifMortifactors.gifRedHunters.gif

Space Wolf Ragnar pad

Space Wolves, Lion Warriors, Red Wolves, Tigers Argent, White Panthers

SpaceWolves.gifLion_Warriors.gifRedWolves.gifTigers_Argent.gifWhitePanthers.gif

if you have some of the ol' crossed-swords assault pads:

Emperors Warbringers, Guardians of the Covenant, Sable Swords

EmperorsWarbringers.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Grendelwulf/GCA2.jpgSable_Swords.gif

I think I've decided on 10 "regular" marines. That would be nonpre-heresy nonchaos/renegade chapters.

Brazen Claws red/blue

Mortificators bone/black

White Panthers (COOL) black/white

Knights of Gryphonne orange

Badab Raptors blue/yellow

These are the ones I have for now.

Please come with more suggestions (different colours would be cool)!

...mine? lol It's greeeeen :)

I'll be quiet now...

Before I do, how about these: Aurora Chapter (green), Hawk Lords (pinky purple), Iron Knights (Silver with black), Eagle Warriors (blue/white half), Storm Lords (red/white half, yellow heads)

You know what would be cool, if you did a collection of peoples own made up chapters, so you have a collection of your favorite custom marine schemes. you could let people post a picture of their scheme and you chose your favorites. Sorta a chapter approved type thing but Ole approved.

Youd have your own collection of unique schemes and the people you choose would feel really honored. Just a suggestion, theres alot of custom chapters out there that are excelent.

Ole's Hall of honour :P

then you could add to it as you find more you like and as you get bored sick of painting red again.

Just one rule, no Offical Chapters :)

Well, if you want inspiration look at 'How to paint Space Marines'. It has tonnes of inspiration.

Some slightly odd chapters are the Relictors, the Blood Ravens, Excorcists (they are a bit odd, as they have tonnes of scouts).

Red Templars maybe...

Okay, here is what I've done so far:

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk15/OleSP/Warnolfi/DSCN1337.jpg

A Knight of Gryphonne (supposed to be orange), a Blood Angel for comparison, and a purply/blue guy I've yet to determine a chapter for.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk15/OleSP/Warnolfi/DSCN1348.jpg

I'll do my best to keep painting and hopefully have 10 different marines.

Comments and criticism appreciated!

Ole

Archived