Truescale Space Marines

Lamenter

Hi guys.

Here's the first of what I hope will be many truescale Space Marines (I prefer the term actual-scale or art-scale, but anyhow).

I have other finished models but I'm trying to get my photos to a really high standard (lighting problems) and so far this is

the only decent one to come out right. I should have more posted here soon, including a Mark V Black Templar, Grey Knight

and Blood Angels Squad (you may remember from a long time ago).

I'm doing these as examples because I'm planning on producing them for commission projects in the very near future,

and I want to show what I can do. I also have plans to create treuscale versions of special characters too.

Comments and criticisms welcome.

(I only just noticed that he has a tactical marking on his shoulder pad when it should be an assault marking, oops!)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/lamenter76/truescale%20space%20marines/emperors-spear.jpg

Very nice, Only a few crits

The trim on the shoulder pads is a little too thick probably 3/4 or even half that would look great

Also the legs are a little bulgy (is that the word I want?) I know you can only get it so well with green stuff, but a little less might look better.

I want to see those Blood angels your cooking up.

and finally whats the price for one of these guys? Does it vary with price of paint, parts, and other knick knacks?

Thanks guys.

sgtNACHO: you're right about the pads and legs. Because the legs were hacked up to pose them

and a lot had to be resculpted they probably ended up a little too "bulgy" or "bulky". I'm still trying

various methods to do the pads. In this case I just greenstuffed the trims directly onto the terminator

pads, and I personally find the overall pad a little too small, so the trims are out of proportion.

With the Blood Angels the trims were made from plasticard and extended the pads making them even larger.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/lamenter76/truescale%20space%20marines/bloodangelsquad1.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/lamenter76/truescale%20space%20marines/bloodangelsquad2.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/lamenter76/truescale%20space%20marines/greyknightwip.jpg

(not quite finished, but nearly there)

As for pricing, I'm thinking of one fixed price, regardless of components used, sculpting required, etc. As standard I'm

planning on magnetized the feet and supplying multiple base options (all these shown are on 30mm bases).

What this price will be I haven't decided upon yet. I want to be reasonable, but have to consider time spent sculpting

and painting.

I really like the silver armour on the Grey Knight, out of interest is there anything you did in particular to get that look? Often metallic silvers look more like shiny grey and look naff on anything more than a few millimetres or on flat surfaces but you've avoided both.

Great models all told as well mate.

RT

I really like the silver armour on the Grey Knight, out of interest is there anything you did in particular to get that look? Often metallic silvers look more like shiny grey and look naff on anything more than a few millimetres or on flat surfaces but you've avoided both.

I just worked up from a black undercoat with successively light layers of "Chainmail". Nothing special, though I did use several glazes of blue washes and coats of badab black to tone down some areas. I think I was more patient than I'd normally be so it turned out above my usual standard.

omg....like wat juckto said, best true scale marine ive ever seen. it made me sit up n pay attention to the finer details of their making.

by chance do u mind if u could briefly give a tutorial on how it's made n the parts used?

thanks

I just worked up from a black undercoat with successively light layers of "Chainmail". Nothing special, though I did use several glazes of blue washes and coats of badab black to tone down some areas. I think I was more patient than I'd normally be so it turned out above my usual standard.

Considering your usual standard is already amazing that doesnt say much. :lol: But yeah, Im not normally a fan of true-scale, but you do somehow always do the Sons of Sanguinius proud.

Excellent job. The legs are perfect, I cannot stand the regular legs on the marine models. They look like matchsticks, these though look perfect. Bulky, big, tall and looking ready for business. My only complaint would be that the shoulder pads could be a bit bigger and the trim around them a little thinner as it looks a little thick. But great work.

Cheers guys. I'm glad you like them. My aim is not to make them correctly proportioned (the proper definition of truescale) but to give them a proportions reminiscent of GW's artwork (aswell as scale them correctly standing next to guardsmen). I may start labelling them "Artscale".

omg....like wat juckto said, best true scale marine ive ever seen. it made me sit up n pay attention to the finer details of their making.

by chance do u mind if u could briefly give a tutorial on how it's made n the parts used?

thanks

Yeah I've got a tutorial in the works, but I want to get a couple more finished first. I've got a Mark V to finish off, and I want to do a Special Character, probably Vulkan or Sicarius.

Excellent job. The legs are perfect, I cannot stand the regular legs on the marine models. They look like matchsticks, these though look perfect. Bulky, big, tall and looking ready for business. My only complaint would be that the shoulder pads could be a bit bigger and the trim around them a little thinner as it looks a little thick. But great work.

The shoulder pads are the main feature in need of tweaking. I've a couple more methods in mind to try out.

:blush: Glad you like them so far.

Here's the Mark V I've been working on for a while (I wish greenstuff cured quicker).

The paintjob could be better I have to admit, but I'm fairly pleased with the conversion.

I used standard space marine arms on this guy instead of the terminator arms, and it's come out ok.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/lamenter76/truescale%20space%20marines/mkvblacktemplar.jpg

I suggest you look at the Enter Gungnir! thread for some fantastic true-scale termies.

Yeah, they are really nicely done.

I have to admit I've pushed the idea of Truescale Terminators to the back of my mind,

but in future when I've had more sculpting practice I intend to give them a go.

Archived