Demon Foot Soldier

Demon lord is done and so while making molds started something new to show off my new skill level. A series of 5 of these demons will be done. 30mm to top of head, other 4 will be 32 mm to top of head in a standing crouch like position in various poses. Similar style yet variations on the theme. These should be a big hit with all kind of people.

http://trollsforge.com/workbench2/demft4.jpg

Sorry thought demons were allowed? :D

don't worry mate they are allowed

is your site troll forge miniatures ur sculpt range must be growing fast no?

looks great possible my favourite so far

Yes, Troll Forged Miniatures is my site. I took on new sculptors as well trying to help them and the program is hard on me but helps people starting out. I have been slow on doing my own thing trying to keep up with new sculptors and their demand on top of everything else so this guy was a break for me to get some "ME" time in. :P

looks great so far. when i saw the title i immediately thought about giant gozilla style feet roaming the battle field, but this is almost as good

what will be the weapons like? will they all be like the blade he be holding, or more elaborate blades, or something else entirely...

erik..

I want to do an elaborate blade but will limit it for those who wish to paint some freestyle. More on the pomell? and guard area. Horns will look like spine. Little issue with one of the wrists but that will be fixed before finished:

http://trollsforge.com/workbench2/demft5.jpg

not sure about the face i was imagining it to look more like a daemonic troll face

rather than a daemonic gollum face

and the horns are too big in my opinion, they seem to stretch the mini too far, it might work if he was holding something in his other hand, but he isnt so...

other than that looks great the neck turned out really well

Might change the horns but here you can see the face better.

http://trollsforge.com/workbench2/demft7.jpg

There will be 5 of these, all slightly different and some smaller. The idea is this is the leader and biggest, hence he is kneeling to make him as tall as the others on foot crouched over slightly. I also wanted huge horns to make him look older than the rest. Idea is the horns are larger with age. thus the rest will have much smaller horns. This guy might become a greater demon someday. :mellow:

the face is pretty flat dude. It needs some more work to really pop.

Yep, he is getting a tail.

Face is not flat I just can't get a photo good enough. What do you expect for a skull like face? ^_^ There is not much to a skull. I still have a little work to do on him but mostly in the jaw line area and might add a spine or 2 coming out of cheekbones.

Hmm, I already mentioned the potential of some sort of "beard horn" under his chin on the Troll Forged forums. Another idea, maybe for the next daemon would be to put the mouth (not the rest of the head/face) a bit more forward, getting this kind of deformed hound effect, very old school Khorne.

Hehehe, now we're discussing your daemon over three forums! :D

MUCH BETTER!!

the horns look waaaaaaay better :confused:

the face isn't what i choose but it does look good

the big tusk teeth made it look less weird :P

i wouldn't have told you to chnge the back and things but making it more muscly did make it look better imo

the spine looks super cool

Archived