Plasma Death in Rhino

Okay, so um... Lets say you fired a plasma cannon and plasma gun out of the top of a rhino and fry both guys. You take a 25% casualty morale check and fail it. Do you:

A. Remove the squad for being "trapped" in a transport?

B. Roll for retreat distance and move the rhino that distance ignoring difficult/dangerous terrain since the rhino is a dedicated transport?

C. Disembark squad and move them the distance rolled including the 2 inch from door disembarkment?

D: Your answer here _________.

:lol:

This is a grey area of the rules.....Nothing is stated on how to handle it.

House rules is the only way to deal with it.

Myself I would have the unit uneffected by it, BUT that is only my opinion, It is NOT RAW.

Technically, the unit has to do a morale test and fall back on a fail whenever they lose 25% of their current strength in one single phase. The issue that is not resolved in the rules is what happens when the unit fails teh test and has to fall back, but is currently inside a transport. A unit would not normally be allowed to disembark in any other phase other than it's own movement phase, but on the other hand if the vehicle is destroyed they are forced to disembark as well, so my suggestion would be to go with "C", if the unit fails it's test it will immediately disembark and then perform the fall back move. It is debateable whether the player could freely chose at what point of teh vehicle the unit disembarks, but I think it would be in the spirit of the rules if they had to disembark as close to the board edge they have to fall back to as possible. That is something th eplayers would have to agree on though.

A: Too extreme to be viable and so most likely to be the choice of your opponent. :P

B: The driver who is completely immune to any sort of Morale test gets all weepy about the crisped Marines in his cargo area and tries to go home?;)

C: At first this struck me as foolish but... You could say that they are dragging their wounded buddies out of the tank to have the room for first aid or something similar. So I do think this is the most viable answer of the 3.

D: Ignore it since Morale doesn't apply to vehicle crew and until they disembark that's what they, effectively, are. ;)

Archived