Bladestorm

Grey Mage

Hey, so Im writing a Tactica on Eldar over in the Librarium forum and somethings come up Id like a word with you all on. Its the Exarch Power, Bladestorm.

The Dire Avengers empty their weapons in a devastating hurricane of bladed discs. The Exarch and his squad may choose to add one to the number of shots wthey each fire with their shuriken weapons that turn. If they do so they may not fire in the subsequent shooting phase as they reload.

Now please note that all ICs capable of joining a Dire Avenger squad- Farseers, Autarchs, Asurmen, Eldrad, and Yriel, have a shuriken weapon with the exception of prince Yriel, who has no ranged weapon at all. Asurmen himself has the Bladestorm ability and can grant it to a squad of Dire Avengers he joins.

Now, if theyre in the squad when the Dire Avengers use Bladestorm, are they affected by the reloading time.... wether or not they use it. IE if your shuriken pistol can fire twice, but you choose to use say a reaper launcher instead, are you still affected?

My argument is that the choice is made for the squad as a whole, wich would include any characters attached to said squad.

Thoughts?

Per the BRB, special rules (not just universal special rules) based on a squad WILL NOT affect attached characters, and vice versa, unless specified in the rule.

As I am not familiar with bladestorm I cant be certian, but from your rules description it says the exarch and his squad, thus attached characters will neither benefit from the advantage of bladestorm (the extra shot) nor the disadvantage of bladestorm (the turn reloading).

Its the same with the (mirror? again I dont know all the names) shield, attached characters will not gain the 5+ invuln save unless the save specifies that it applies to attached characters.

Well, you know my opinion and that is, he has a choice not to use the pistol and will not be effected by it in the following turn (if he usues the other gun,) however, IF he uses the pistol he will have to bladestorm and will have to reload but if he doesn't fire the pistol then he is not using and then anyhting that affects the pistol won't matter because he didn't use it. But i still think he has a choice.

Dosnt matter if he uses it or not, what does matter is that SOMEONE has used it.

This is EXACTLY the same as having a single marine in a squad fire a rapid fire weapon, yet expect to be able to charge the IC from that squad into combat - sorry, but the SQUAD is now considered to have done something and as the IC is now part of the SQUAD all rules will effect him.

Dosnt matter if he uses it or not, what does matter is that SOMEONE has used it.

This is EXACTLY the same as having a single marine in a squad fire a rapid fire weapon, yet expect to be able to charge the IC from that squad into combat - sorry, but the SQUAD is now considered to have done something and as the IC is now part of the SQUAD all rules will effect him.

Ok. Grey mage, you were right. Even though it is not logical (wow something in warhammer being not logical, go figure ^_^ ) but by RAW you were right. So i 'tip my hat' to you.

Archived