Renegade Rules

Joshta

So outside of C:CSM and C:SM there really isn't a particular codex or supplement for the use of renegade SM's?

Nope, only codex Chaos Marines for all your classic, or Marines for the recently turn to renegade. However I been told that there maybe a codex Legion due out that the end of 2010 but there is no promise.

But again just those two codexies, you take the unit you like, etc... convert them up. Think of the Red Corsiar from codex Chaos Space Marines who are fine exsample of a renegade army.

IP

... if it would have all loyalist toys, then yes ... now - it didnt include even basic deployment method called drop pod assault :) (it is not loyal marines toy - it was common for ALL chapters, before you ask).

Overall it does not have any renegade outside Huron, and looks like rather generic black legion force without half of their options. Even Huron's terminators exchanged their storm bolters for new shiny twin-bolters (which was strange).

Despite all talk about renegades inside - it does not feel like renegade codex.

Codex: Chaos Space Marines = Codex: Black Legion

just like

Codex: Space Marines = Codex: Ultramarines

Only they get additional books to cover their unique chapters, whereas our unique legions have disappeared. Great. Until that codex for the legions comes out I'm just going to play my Black Templars. GW owes me my extra Fast Attack slot.

Anyway, I think it would be cool to do a modelling job that was halfway in between. Like your marines are recent converts. You'd probably want to use Codex: SM to represent their higher level of technology and the fact that they can't really have cult troops yet (takes time to get angry enough to be a berzerker or a high enough fever to be a plague marine etc.) and the fact that it would be stupid for the loyalist marines to say

"Let's ditch the Imperium. But it would be a balance issue if we kept our nice Land Raider variants and our Ironclads and our multimeltas. So let's just dump that stuff for pre-Heresy gear."

Codex: Chaos Space Marines = Codex: Black Legion

just like

Codex: Space Marines = Codex: Ultramarines

But at least Loyalists have 5 or 6 different codices to use.

We have 1.

Which all sounds better for the loyalists until you realise just how long GW will take to update the variant codicies. :D

Try looking through the imperial Armour books for some stuff about renegades, there was also some rules for rogue psykers in the witch hunters or old guard codex.

As much as i hate QQing... by the time there *IS such a thing as codex CSM legions... they might as well write a new CSM codex... BTW i shudder at the taught of getting slapped by 6 Valkyries 4 of em Vendettas and 60 veterans in those things... What was GW thinking when they made a 130 pts Flyer that transport troops, has extra armour and 3 TWINLINK LASCANNONS! And i find it odd that a basic LR can transport only 10 marines cause of the large cooling needed for 2 twinlink lascannons when a vendetta has 3 and still able to transport a Squad of IG.... and has grav chutes ??? insane...

As much as i hate QQing... by the time there *IS such a thing as codex CSM legions... they might as well write a new CSM codex... BTW i shudder at the taught of getting slapped by 6 Valkyries 4 of em Vendettas and 60 veterans in those things... What was GW thinking when they made a 130 pts Flyer that transport troops, has extra armour and 3 TWINLINK LASCANNONS! And i find it odd that a basic LR can transport only 10 marines cause of the large cooling needed for 2 twinlink lascannons when a vendetta has 3 and still able to transport a Squad of IG.... and has grav chutes ??? insane...

This sounds scary, but you obviously havn't faced the new 5 plasma cannon russes yet. Losing half your army on turn one despite being in rhinos and in cover = suck.

now imagine lost and the damened . old school style , but with new units. oblit unit in elites , max LR ... dual lash ... "guants" and some infiltrating las plas traitor squads .... /manly tear .

LaTD never could have Raiders. ;)

TDA

Archived