why doesnt the codex state

i keep getting into arguments over whether land speeders can capture objectives or not. i always have to carry a printout from teh GW website stating that LS can capture/contest obbjectives and such, and even then its still a pain to convince them. why was this omitted? and why doesnt anywhere other than the website state that they can take objectives?

whoops, sorry, wrong section, my bad, can i get a mod to admoveo to the amicus aedes section?

The LS is not a Scoring Unit per the rulebook. It does not come from the Troops allowance. It can contest objectives, but it cannot control them.

It is stated in the rulebook (pg 90 of the minibook, not sure for the BRB) exactly as such.

okay, well nvm, as of like 2 weeks ago they had a tactica about land speeders, and on it they stated that they could capture objectives and such, but it looks like they took it down, and i had only copy+pasta the part about land speeders being able to do that, i dont have a print out of it actually stating it, dammit GW.

Maybe if your playing Dark Angels....

It's still a vehicle so can't capture objectives.

Codex trumps rulebook.

The Dark Angels codex states that a landspeeder taken in a troop choice is scoring.

Codex trumps rulebook.

The Dark Angels codex states that a landspeeder taken in a troop choice is scoring.

As soon as I posted that I realised it was probably something in the codex, oh well, speeders aren't exactly suited for objective holding, although the ability to zip forward on the last turn is pretty good.

I agree that a Land Speeder cannot capture objectives. But correct me if I'm wrong but if you had a LS Storm WITH scouts onboard could it claim an objective?

The troops inside the transport can claim the objective.

, can an elite or hq or any other option claim the objective since there is no other unit that can contest it or claim it
Of course they can't. Only Troops units are scoring. However, a Troops unit doesn't count as scoring if it is a vehicle. GW was just reallly slow in getting down something out of date.

@ gil galed: of course they can. Any Troops unit in a vehicle can capture an objective.

All of these answers are right next to each other on page 90 of the BRB.

Posted this in the duplicate thread you also started :devil: . Please stick to one, as they ask the exact same questions and are getting the exact same answers.

Archived