Tau Killpoint Messes

Gornall

Okay... Had a KP game against my regular Tau opponent and we had some disagreements about what constitutes a Tau KP when dealing with Drones and junk. Basically, if a Tau Vehicle drops off its gun drones do they count as KPs? What about if they pop off due to wrecking the vehicle. He said that to get the vehicle KP, I had to wreck it AND the drones (which I did). We played it in his favor because he's a great dude and I can see where it would work that way. I'm just wondering if that is the right way.

As a side note: If I imobilize one of his vehicles with Fletchettes in assault but don't kill it, do I take the Fletchette wounds again on his assault phase? (since I'm still in B2B and attacking as a successive round) I think I would, but I don't know the exact wording of the rule in the Tau Codex. Also does he allocate and roll for each model, or just roll one dice for each attacking model and then I allocate wounds?

If you read the tau erreta it states that drones coming off do not give extra KP, but all you need for the original KP is to kill the vehicle (at least that's what i read from it)

I'm pretty sure flechette discharges only work when you get assaulted, but considering that vehicle combat only lasts 1 turn (i.e you arn't locked in it) he can move away and' you'd have to charge him again

Yes if the Tau Drone come out a tank for what ever reason, they do count toward Kill Point reason. This was answer in the UKGT FAQ, I'd get a link but it look like the site down.

However as pointed if the Drone stay on then they are not kill points.

IP

Yes if the Tau Drone come out a tank for what ever reason, they do count toward Kill Point reason. This was answer in the UKGT FAQ, I'd get a link but it look like the site down.

IP

Q. Do all of a vehicle’s drones need to be

destroyed before the vehicle gives up its full

victory points?

A. Disengaged Drones have no effect on how

many victory points the vehicle gives up. This is

based solely on the condition of the actual

vehicle model.

so if you kill a hammerhead or something you get a kp, i always assumed this also mean that the drones didnt give kp's as it says it can't effect the amount of KP a vehicle gives.

IP

victory points?

vehicle model.

so if you kill a hammerhead or something you get a kp, i always assumed this also mean that the drones didnt give kp's as it says it can't effect the amount of KP a vehicle gives.

Kill a devilfish get a point, then the drones disengage and become a seperate unit and when you kill them you get an additional point. The previous Q&A is there to clarify that once disengaged drones are not still a part of the vehicle (e.g. the same as a rhino and SM unit would operate when the rhino has been knocked out).

239) Q: Do Gun Drones either on or disembarked from vehicles give away kill points when destroyed?

A: When embarked gun drones do not give away kill points. Disembarked gun drones form a

separate unit therefore they can contest objectives and are worth one kill point. Note that the

gun drones and the parent vehicle form separate units, therefore if the vehicle is destroyed and

the gun drones are not, the destroyed vehicle is worth one kill point, and the gun drones, which

count as passengers, are forced to disembark and will be worth a further kill point if destroyed.

http://warhammerworld.typepad.com/files/mi....1-11.02.09.pdf

IP

Sadly it's true. (I say sadly because I am a Tau Player).

By a strict Raw reading then as soon as the Drones leave the Vehicle they become a seperate unit, and as such they are worth an individual Killpoint. - So effectively a Devilfish with Fire Warriors and Drones is worth 3 Killpoints. 1 Killpoint for the Fish, 1 for the Fire Warriors, 1 for the Drones. But you dont have to kill all 3 to get the Kill Points - As soon as 1 dies its a Kill Point for you.

Its not all bad news, the Drones can contest objectives at least! (So if you drive a Fish onto an Objective in the last turn your opponent would have to destroy the Fish and the Drones) - so in 2 out of 3 games the Drones are more help then hinderance.

Still I mostly replace them with the SMS now and roll with the Warfish Setup. - No Drones means no problems!

As for the flechettes, yes - everytime you assualt the Tank these will go off (untill the Tank blows up anyway!).

victory points?

vehicle model.

This is a question about Victory Points not Kill points, two different things.

GT FAQs are not RAW and have no standing.

victory points?

vehicle model.

This is a question about Victory Points not Kill points, two different things.

GT FAQs are not RAW and have no standing.

Ok, my mistake on the quote, however the OP was asking about KP's rather than VP's and in regards to that my statement stands.

Archived