can land speeders capture objectives

Assuming that you (Legatus) are still speaking about Ravenwing not being able to Turbo-Boost during a Scout move and the RAS Landspeeders being scoring, they ARE on the same page of the Codex.

Page 27.

There can be no dispute whether Ravenwing bikers can Turbo-Boost during their Scout move, and there cannot be a dispute about Ravenwing Attack Squadron Landspeeders being scoring units.

It is spelled out as clear as can possibly be.

Wouldn't matter either way. They errated one instance of the other scoring units, and left another. Till they either catch it, or admit to leaving it on purpose, it's still legal. Doesn't matter what edition it was made durring. There are plenty of other 'older' codexes out there that had rules that originated in earlier editions, and *they* still get to use them legaly, even though the main 'definition' of them in the core rules has changed.

See, that was the kinda point I was trying to make.

HiveFleetEzekial put it more eloquently that I.

GW has addressed several points in the DA FAQ, one of which is concerning the scoring status of several units.

We know for a fact that GW looked at the RAS entry during the making of this FAQ, as the ability to Turboboost during Scout moves appears in the very same entry.

The scoring status of land speeders in RAS was not changed. We can only assume this was done purposfully.

Either way it IS the rules as they appear before us.

We know for a fact that GW looked at the RAS entry during the making of this FAQ, as the ability to Turboboost during Scout moves appears in the very same entry.

The Dark Angels FaQ does not adress turbo boosting scout moves. Or maybe I missed it. It appears as far as the Codex Dark Angels is concerned, they still cannot turboboost during their scout move. Codex trumping rulebook and all. (It not appearing in the FaQ does not mean it has not been changed in the most recent Codex reprint, though. When Obliterators in the last Codex Chaos were errata'ed from T5 to T4(5) they removed it from the FaQ as soon as the reprints had been released.)

Another example: Both Codex Daemonhunters and Codex Witchhunters state in the "Transport" introduction box that some units can get dedicated transports which only they can use. The WH FaQ contains an errata that removes this restriction, but the DH FaQ does not. Is it GW's intention that Witch Hunter transports can transport anyone, according to the new edition rules, while Daemon Hunter transports are not supposed to be able to do that? But maybe this is another case of the reprints already inlcuding this change. My Codex does not say that, and the FaQ currently available at GW.com does not either, so I can only assume that is the current situation.

The Dark Angels FaQ does not adress turbo boosting scout moves. Or maybe I missed it. It appears as far as the Codex Dark Angels is concerned, they still cannot turboboost during their scout move. Codex trumping rulebook and all. (It not appearing in the FaQ does not mean it has not been changed in the most recent Codex reprint, though. When Obliterators in the last Codex Chaos were errata'ed from T5 to T4(5) they removed it from the FaQ as soon as the reprints had been released.)

Another example: Both Codex Daemonhunters and Codex Witchhunters state in the "Transport" introduction box that some units can get dedicated transports which only they can use. The WH FaQ contains an errata that removes this restriction, but the DH FaQ does not. Is it GW's intention that Witch Hunter transports can transport anyone, according to the new edition rules, while Daemon Hunter transports are not supposed to be able to do that? But maybe this is another case of the reprints already inlcuding this change. My Codex does not say that, and the FaQ currently available at GW.com does not either, so I can only assume that is the current situation.

I'm pretty sure it is on purpose DH not being able to use other transports, otherwise you'd open up a host of options for GK which arn't necessarily nice (like 6 LR's or Rhinos for GK)

The Dark Angels FaQ does not adress turbo boosting scout moves. Or maybe I missed it. It appears as far as the Codex Dark Angels is concerned, they still cannot turboboost during their scout move.

I am not disputing that in any way, shape or form.

Ravenwing bikers cannot turboboost during Scoutmoves.

*looking at the FAQ*

"DARN IT ALL TO HECK!"

I was soooo certain that there was an entry in the DA FAQ making it clear that Ravenwing bikes couldn't Turboboost during Scoutmoves.

Thats it. No more posting without checking my facts! ;(

Quite often, DH players need their land raiders as it's the best anti-tank they have. If they have the points they'll often take as many as they can, hence the tri-raider list that is so common.

If Grey Knights were allowed to embark into an inquisitor's Land Raider, they would still need to include that inquisitor + retinue to be able to get it. If they just want it for anti tank they can already get more than 3 Land Raiders.

Archived