Order Of The Shattered Blade

Ekkanus

Hey guys, after a long and much needed sabbatical (personal stuff along with working on Various Non PA and Fantasy Battle Armies), and thanks to a friend of mine getting me into the gaming aspect of 40k, I've decided to do my own Space Marine chapter, called the Order Of The Shattered Blade. I've been playing about with the colour scheme for a while now, and never actually found anything that goes well with it without clashing. I had originally started a Dark Angels army based around the Deathwing and Ravenwing. So at the moment i've got 2 packets of the Dark Angels Chapter Upgrade sprues in the house, so decided to use my new favourite colour, with robed marines, to try and make a bit of an original D.I.Y chapter.

I had originally converted Lysander to look like Belial, with Deathwing Terminator Shoulder Pads, but now i'm going to use him as either my Chapter Master, or my 1st Company Master. I'm not at home at the moment, so i'll get them built up tonight, and try and post up the model pics tomorrow. For now though, here's the idea of the colour scheme - i'm still not settled on the robes though, but I wanted something a little bit different than the standard Khaki/Bone colours. I'm going to be using Deathwing shoulder pads and any should pads that have swords on them to work as my chapter symbol. So first up, the colour scheme, which is just done with the standard SM Painter, i've done different variations of it, for the different units, assualt, devastator, veteran etc.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk246/Ekkanus_2008/Order%20Of%20The%20Shattered%20Blade/BladesTactical.jpg?t=1242651142

C&C Welcomed As Always

Ekkanus

i actually really like the colours suprisingly much. at first when i saw them i was like UUUUUUUUUGHHGHGHGHGHG......but then i looked at it for a while and it grew on me. Make a test model as soon as possible :) i could definitly imagine an army of these on the table :) would look really good, it sorta puts the nick name Purple-haze into my head for some reason hahahahahahah, but as i said, looks really cool so far :)

Cheers

Danny

Thanks for the comments guys, as for recreating the colours with GW Cathar, not sure I can do that - I switched to Vallejo Game Colours a little while ago - however I've got a mate who knows the colours, so i'll get him to try and figure out what GW colours to use!

I have been busy, i'm not dead or sleeping, just been busy building. So far i've got a Land Speeder built, and a Librarian Terminator. Batteries for my camera are guffed so i'll try and get some pictures up soon. I've since decided that because I love the background (and because i'm too lazy to buy the SM Codex) that i'm going to make these guys a DA Successor Chapter, so the models i'm working on are going to be for my "Inner Circle" - i've also got the Masters of the Chapter box set to make my company captains. I've decided to call my 1st Company the "Eaglewing" and my 2nd Company the "Serpentwing" - now I just need to figure out how to make a decent but easy symbol for them. I'll try and finish the building tomorrow and get some pre-primer pics up as soon as I can.

Ekkanus

Archived