How does Kharn Perform on the TT?

Moress

Hey folks,

In my quest to make new army lists to keep my army from growing bland, and expand my gaming horizon, I'm doing something I haven't really done since I first started playing this game nearly two years ago, I'm going to try out a special character, and I want to try out Khârn. He looks awsome on paper, hitting and wounds on 2's on the charge with I6, so he will man handle enemy characters easy. The best part though is he's immune to psychic powers such as lash, force weapons, mind war, exc.

So I just wanted you opinions on him, I was thinking about sticking him in a squad of berzerekers inside a Land Raider.

Also, I see loyalist players using the new counts as rules very.... liberally with their special charcters, so I said "what the heck." I play Iron Warriors and I'm going to use my Warsmith model as Kharne, I pretty much have a good fluff justification for all his abilites except the one where he smacks his buddies... Not sure how to justify that one, but basically I said he's a warsmith who worships khorne, has servo arms for ripping up tanks and allowing him more CC attacks, and his armor was crafted on Olypmia and "blessed" by his cabal of sorcerers to withstand psychic attacks, and his hammer is a daemon weapon. Still can't figure out a good reason for rolling ones in CC though....

He captured a bloodthirster and bound it within his servo harness to control the various extra limbs and enhance his melee abilities, however the thirster doesn't seem to care whose side those it kills are on.

I like the idea go for it. Try him out, those I play with was extremely against special characters before but since 5th edition they've been more open minded to the idea. I myself is thinking of using Khârn but count as dark apostle for my word bearers who kill his own only because they are not worthy being near him! :huh:

Techno Virus (prominant in obliterators).

Could say he is in a self battle having bound a daemon to his servo harness using the techno virus. (Like having a daemon weapon) instead when the daemon gets pissy killing his master wouldnt be in its best interests because the daemon is bound to his master closer then most daemon weapons... So then he takes it out on the nearby allies as a result.

He captured a bloodthirster and bound it within his servo harness to control the various extra limbs and enhance his melee abilities, however the thirster doesn't seem to care whose side those it kills are on.

Very good idea.

Techno Virus was done to death. Bloodthirster inside ... Bloodthirsters of Old had second Bloodthirster in their axes, but anyway more fluffy.

Techno virus is done to death. But its an Iron Warrior trait like their special number being 3, having siege weaponry and having siege breaker squads (zerkers).

People often complain about fluff being tossed out the window for generalization and vanillising.

I like the idea go for it. Try him out, those I play with was extremely against special characters before but since 5th edition they've been more open minded to the idea. I myself is thinking of using Khârn but count as dark apostle for my word bearers who kill his own only because they are not worthy being near him! ;)

I'm glade you like it. I thought people would think it would be a dumb idea, but with some of the fluff I made for him, it kinda makes sense, at least in my mind :P

Sorry to bump up my own thread, but what do you guys think of this? I wrote my own profile for my Warsmith. Please lemme know what you think if it's a good justification or not.

Warsmith Abraham

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv

7 5 5 4 3 5 5 10 +3/5

Special Rules:

Ferrum Loricatus: The Ferrum Loricatus is the armor Warsmith Abraham wears into battle, this armor was crafted on the forged of Olympia herself by the Warsmith's own hand. This sacred armor was infused with dark energies by his cabal of dark sorcerers to not only grant him is invulnerable save, but to guard against psychic powers.

Mortis Pongo: The Mortis Pongo is the great daemon hammer the Warsmith wields. This hammer was gifted to him by the great Perturabo himself after Abraham's service in the Iron Cage. Due to his nearly 10 millienia of training and honing his combat skills with the Mortis Pongo, Warsmith Abraham's close combat attacks always hit on +2, however, the daemon bound within fills Abrahams soul with such a blood lust that it will fill his mind with an insatiable thirst for blood in the heat of combat, granting him furious charge, however there is a price to pay for such powers. Any rolls to hit on a 1, have hit a friendly model, as the Warsmith in his state of Blood Lust and anger fails briefly to recognize friend from foe and will lash out at anyone within reach.

Servo Harness: Like all Warsmith's of the Iron Warriors legion, prior to the hersey, all senior officers were sent to Mars to train in the ways of the machine and to study combat engineering. Mounted on Abraham's back is a servo harness used to assist him in his dark mechanications. This servo harness is also used in combat to rend apart enemies, it grants him two additional attacks in close combat, and one more strength (Already added to his profile). Additionally, one of the arms is equiped with a powerful blade, used to cut dense materials in his workshop, the warsmith is granted 2D6 armor penetration against vehicles in close combat.

Kai Gun: An ancient artifact created by the Warsmith himself in his dark workshop, the Kai Gun is a single shot, close ranged bolter that fires special enlarged amunition. These rounds however are highly unstable, though the devestation packed within each shell is worth the risk. Treat the Kai Gun as a plasma pistol.

Independant Character

Wargear

Personal Icon

Frag/Krak Grenades

Ferrum Loricatus

Mortis Pongo

Servo Harness

Kai Gun

P.S. Incase you guys were wondering, Ferrum Loricatus means Iron Armor, and Mortis Pongo means Death's Hammer. They're both Latin. :HQ:

I would be careful there, as you are posting stats of Khârn with very slight variations, which is against the forum rules. However, on another note go for Khârn! He is awesome although be careful putting him with berzerkers, he normally needs no help to win combat anyway, (I have easily killed 7 marines on the charge with him)

Archived