Combat Tactics breaking Go to Ground?

It's perfectly allowable to break the hold of going to ground by way of falling back, it's just that you can't choose to use Combat Tactics to do it! Basically, Combat Tactics is something you actively choose to use, which the rules for going to ground prohibit.

"..., but will react normally if affected by enemy actions (for example, it will take Morale tests as normal)." - BRB, pg. 24.

Looks fine to me, too.

(playing devils advocate here)

But choosing to use Combat Tactics to automatically fail, is not "taking Morale tests as normal". "Taking Morale tests as normal" is rolling 2 dice and comparing the total to your leadership score.

But Combat Tactics says they may Choose to Fail any morale test they are called upon to take. And Codex Over rules rulebook doesn't it?

It would seem to me as a RAI point of view. That the Fluidic nature of Marine warfare would allow them to break from fox holes to regroup in a new more advantageous position makes sense to me.

I say the leadership check for pinning is taken normally. the morale check must be taken IF needed - 25% casualties or whatever. combat tactics / GoW / whatever can be used then, pinned or not. if you get pinned with <25% casualties, then sorry - you're staying.

Archived