Iron warrior sorcerers

Jahora

Hey! :P

I've always wondered, do Iron Warriors use sorcerers? I personally havent found any official information about this. So far I've read, it leads towards them NOT using sorcerers. As Iron Warriors don't really use daemons, don't favor chaotic mutation, and don't favor posession. I've also seen them as an army of cold steel, no bullsh*t. Not too much of those fancy magic tricks...but then again, they use Defilers...and don't Defilers require a sorcerer to make? Or at least some kind of daemonic ritual? Or are Iron warrior Defilers powered by a Servitor mahbeh? I know they only use Chaos as a tool to beat the Imperium, but wouldnt a sorcerer be a bit too much off their normal combat doctrine?

I personally can't imagine that in a battle with the Iron Warriors, where cold steel, bolters and huge cannons blast the sh*t out of the enemy, that suddenly a sorcerer in a cheesy chaos robe would jump out, and hurl pink/red chaos energies at the foe. Although, I have no idea if Chaos undivided energy is actually pink, that's just what Dawn of war had taught me lol, hard to look away from that :)

Yes the do use them, as said Storm of Iron & the book Dead Sky Black Sun (both by my friend Graham McNeill) give more in-sight. Just a lot of IW tend to put there trust into there weapons more than other & in magic, but they still make use of Sorcerers.

Khorne is the only one who truly hate sorcerer.

IP

Everyone relies on psykers to traverse the warp. Cant do it without them actually, unless the daemons force-infesting the ship do it for them.

Black templars require psykers to continue warp travel. Need psykers to send messages through the warp, (thus the shadow in the warp = tyranids blocking psychic calls for help and isolating planets).

Iron Warriors make typical use, perhaps not over-using them and maybe even going as far as subjugating them inside slave machines for their own means.

But thats up to the player and his fluff.

Archived