Bone Marines - First WIP Army

Dear Bolter and Chainsword, I'm starting a new set of space marines. I haven't made very many before but I did make one force of purple and orange space marines. To give you an idea of what they look like, here's a pic

http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs45/f/2009/104/6/d/Warhammer_40K___Space_Marine_1_by_Claytonofbricks.jpg.

For my new ones I'd like to make something more, I donno, different. I found some fish bones on the beach that I want to try to incorporate. Any ideas for names of the army? I'll post pics as soon as I can (it won't be for a while).

How about not using orange :) Yeah something is screaming "we clash worse than purple and yellow!" (which in truth doesn't if done right), so that's my advice. Incorporating fishbones would be one interesting feature to the scheme, perhaps a Legion of the Damned-esc feel, with parts of the marine covered in fishbone.

Name wise... Bone Collectors?

Thanks for the help guys. I'll get some pictures of the bones up asap. And I should be able to start actual painting and stuff as early as Tuesday (if I can find superglue, lol, I'm staying at a friends house for the summer). If I'm lucky I'll also be able to get some more bones and get these boners (ok, that's by far the worst name for them) decked out.

The Boners

Bone Lords

Marrow Lords

Bone Crushers

Bone Crackers

The Boners sounds like a awesome name for them...

Fish Bones might me cool idea.

The Wishbones :P

ok serious name time.

Bone Eaters.

The Damned Bones.

Burning Bones.

Witch Doctors.

Make them an unorthodox chapter inspired by voodoo.

Thanks Cedric, I like that idea a lot. Unfortunately there was an unforeseen problem with this plan. The fish bones now smell like fish again (as I washed them in boiling water last night to try to rid them of their fishy smell). I'm going to try to soak them in bleach maybe? (If anyone has a better idea, let me know.) I hope it works. Going along with this Witch Doctor theme, I could also add on some blue sea glass that I have lying around. That could be their power staffs or something.

Here's a relatively poor pic of the box that my marines came in, I'll put up better stuff for the actual pieces.

http://www.cmgiftsandcollectables.co.uk/catalog/images/gwsmbattleforce08.jpg

Chapter Name: Them Emperor's Mighty Boners

Warcry: Yes we like fishsticks! Yes we like fishsticks in our mouths!

I do suggest not using actual bones on the model. Organic goods make for terrible bits, plus it takes our hobby to a creepy new level. There are plenty of models you could steal plastic or pewter bones from.

why not make bones out of green stuff...

or buy some tomb kings models from fantasy and using them, they are skeletons.

and yes the inquisition would be a bit worried if you used witch doctors... very chaos like.

The Emperor's Mighty Boners is a fantastic name.

On a more serious note how Bones of the fallen.

Or Dark Bones.... Second founding of Dark Angels...

Sadly using bones is more leaning towards the chaos side.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for all the help that you all have been to me. I have some bad news though. I went out of town for a week and someone took my bones and threw them all away. So if I want to use any now I'm going to have to bleach them right away and then hide them. =p I wanted to use real bones because they look cooler and because bones, as a general rule, don't really rot very quickly as other things tend to. I might try greenstuff if I can get some and teach myself how to model with it. I've never even seen the stuff except here on the forum though. Alas I think this project has died until a later date. Sorry to waste everyone's time. Once I get all the materials and some pics I'll fill you in.

Archived