SM Razorback-Old School

gallery_37795_3260_2043568.jpg

gallery_37795_3260_1438561.jpg

gallery_37795_3260_705254.jpg

Any ideas on how to make this look like extra heavy armor? Maybe backed up with pics? Plus any other advice/comments are welcome also!

I also have some "plasticard" it's actually 1.5-2mm plastic ABS material, but I assume it will work, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

gallery_37795_3260_6538.jpg

Quick update. Everything you see is glued together. I cut one of the doors in half and I'm using it for the front armor. I also need to add some support for the extra armor on the back side. Let me know what you think.

EDIT: Plus most gaps are going to be filled in with GS; also any place that isn't smooth will be smoothed over with GS as well.

gallery_37795_3260_1589458.jpg

gallery_37795_3260_581916.jpg

gallery_37795_3260_689729.jpg

I can't decide which way I want to put the exhaust pipes... The front "armor"/doors are just taped on to give you an idea. Let me know which exhaust pipes you like better. Or any thing else I can improve upon. Thanks.

I like what I see so far.

I agree with Zazel about the exhaust pipes. Some screening around the exhaust pipes would look good (check out regular military tank models). Also, more rivets around the extra armor would beef it up.

What paint scheme are you going with. I'd avoid taking inspiration from the box art. :P

Keep going.

I just bought a 1/16 hole punch so more rivets can be done. It's going to probably be my black and purple scheme. (check my gallery). But I'm going to try doing the "highlight" thing. I would try to do the "wash" thing but I have absolutley NO clue how to do that so.... I also like the second exhaust pipes as well, just wanted a second opinion. Thanks for replying by the way!

• 1 month later...

wow, i love the old rhinos, and the rhino chassis tanks.

i agree with people about having the exhausts vertical and i have a suggestion for the dozerblade, i think you should try and make a large vindicator-styly one for it as the old one really doesn't look very good imho, plus it doesn't fit the heavily armoured look your going for.

+_+

Looks good so far. I actually "reclaimed" one of these a while ago. Unfortunately, due to the points cost, mine has only seen one game as a Razorback. It spends most of its time as a Rhino...

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...p;hl=reclaiming

As far as the dozer blade...see if you can get your hands on one of the older IG dozers, or even one of the new ones. Both are actually able to fit under the chassis of the old Rhinos so long as you don't attach the underside hatches (cover them over with plasticard instead).

• 1 month later...

I actually started a thread on this earlier this year but can't seem to find it so....

EDIT: The "find topics" option on your user page would have easily found your first thread. Threads merged.

gallery_37795_3260_83827.jpg

gallery_37795_3260_185180.jpg

I need some help with the front armor plates. I'm not sure what to put there or what it should look like. I've done the rivets. I'm going to be using TONS of GS on this. So the parts that are wobbly won't be near as noticible (hopefully). Anyway, looking forward to some comments. Thanks Brothers! (and Sisters as well!)

Are you cutting your plasti card or snapping it?

Its easyer and neater to score plasti card then bend it untill it snaps it should do it neatly aslong as your scoreing it neat.

You could mabey try add some "assault" grenades to the front like the crusader and class them as your smoke grenades.

What about a beefy looking plow rather thenm that flimsy looking spikey thing :P

Well it's not exactly plasticard. It's some stuff that I got at work...I think the thickness is just a hair over 2mm. It was the thinniest I could find. I'll try looking for an old imperial guard dozer blade. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Thanks Kurgan!

gallery_37795_3260_679814.jpg

As you can see I've created my own Dozer blade. I plan to add some rivets to the top portion. As well as to each mini blade. However the mini blades might only get 1 rivet each. I think it will look too crowded with 2 rivets on there. Tell me what you guys/gals think!

I like it. If anything I'd say you could do with some additional armour on the front in the middle rather than just on the sides, although it might be a difficult to get it to look right on that front...

And on a personal note I think the rivets would look better if they were a bit smaller. But overall good job, I like it :o

Archived