Dreadnoughts can ...

Jangalak

Hi, so I have looked through the BRB and can see says that a walker is not effected in CC by a shaken result on the damage chart. But what if it gets a shaken result, cant fire in the shooting phase, but then assaults - is that possible?

I can see logically why both options would be viable but cant see it spelt out for me in the BRB, other than that it is not mentioned and therefore I can do it?

Help greatly apprecdiated by a stranded dreadnought!

Thanks

thanks for that - I gave my buddy the benefit of doubt and left my Dread to get wasted by a volley of melta fire, instead of charging - to be fair though it all worked out in the end (he just couldnt hurt it) as it tied up his only tank trying to kill the dread for the rest of the game - he just couldnt roll a penetrating hit! Must have been karma...

I would say that since it cannot shoot, it cannot run either.

Why? That does not follow at all. There is a precedent with Eldar star engines; they use them during the shooting phase, and may do so even if they cannot shoot. Running happens instead of shooting, but that does not mean it is shooting.

Makes sense if he's shaken he couldn't shoot...his targeters are messed, not his legs. try using a scope or shooting any kind of gun while getting punched in the ribs... oth, you can still run and or punch back.

Exampe: Black Templar with a Missile Launcher as part of a squad moves in the movement phase.... why wouldnt he be able to run in the the shooting phase with the rest of his squad? He cant shoot, because he moved.... so theres nothing to be in leiu of.

But remember that shaken results the walkers close combat abilities. Grenades hit according to WS (not just on 6's) and the walker fights with one less attack

No it doesn't. Only Stunned and Immobilized do.

But remember that shaken results the walkers close combat abilities. Grenades hit according to WS (not just on 6's) and the walker fights with one less attack

Yeah, I was only testing you guys. *cough* Move along. :P

Yeah, I was only testing you guys. *cough* Move along. ;)

Sure sure :P

Archived