MOTF rule question

rusty1109

Edit for grammar and spelling

Hi all,

As you'll soon see from reading this topic and seeing what a simple question it is, I don't currently play. I've certainly never played with 5th edition and even though it's fairly similar i just wanted to check on how to use my master of the forge. Just so i don't look like too much of a novice when I get to playing my first game with my new army.

MOTF has 2 attacks

If he has a servo arm, servo harness, power weapon, put him on a bike, and give him digital weapons it would mean that:

He gets +1 toughness for the bike,

+1 attacks for having 2 weapons,

His attacks do not allow armour saves as he has a power weapon,

He can move and shoot then assault because the bike makes him relentless,

He will also have 2 attacks from the servo harness,

For shooting he can fire two guns choosing from his held weapon and the two servo harness weapons (what about the bike mounted weapons, can he fire two

weapons total and choose from them as well, or can he fire 3 in total two; of his personal weapons and the bikes weaponry?),

The digital weapons obviously means that I can re roll one failed wound roll,

He has frag and krak grenades as standard which come into play when assaulting through terrain I know, but how does it work as he's on a bike and are there any other uses for grenades that I've missed?

So the cumulative effect in close combat would be 3 power weapon attacks (4 if he assaults) and 2 servo attacks, making 5 or 6 attacks of varying strength etc, one of which I can re roll to wound if it fails and all of which ignore armour saves?

And when shooting he can fire 2 of his own weapons and the bikes guns as well??

Just want to see if i've interpreted the rules correctly basically

And also the model currently has a bolt pistol. It's a metal figure so it wouldn't be easy to change but he can have a bolter OR a bolt pistol in his basic stats. So i'd add 12" to one of his shooting attacks for no points cost. Is it worth doing? And as i'd be sawing into him anyway what are the thoughts on the other choices namely combi-weapon (flamer meta or plasma), stormbolter or plasma pistol?

Cheers all,

Rusty

don't post official stats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no, seriously, its against the rules

says the person with a link to templates of GW vehicles in their sig...

anyway, Yeah he looks promising, hell! very handy in an all-bike army.

MOTF + Khan or Captain on bike make a good little tag-team.

metcalfedan are you saying that i've got it right and my opponent won't say what the [:P:] are you doing?

++ Please use the appropriate emoticon to represent cursing rather than recoursing to four asterisks as you had. I ++

metcalfedan are you saying that i've got it right and my opponent won't say what the **** are you doing?

Actually from the looks of it you'd be firing to many weapons.

Either 2 Harness weapons OR 1Harness and 1 other (Pistol/TL Bolters/ whatever else you might have given)

The nades do nothing extra on a bike, just remember the Dangerous test if charging through terrain.

Everything else looked in order, but its a bit difficult to look over, I might have missed something.

edit: Ah one more thing, you are going to need to give him either a Bolt Pistol or a Plasma pistol if you want the +1 for 2 CC weapons. A combi weapon would have that as a trade off. A stormbolter would be unwise as it already has a relentless TL Bolter, that one extra shot over 12"(thats not twinlinked) wouldn't be worth giving up the extra cc attack in my opinion.

And when shooting he can fire 2 of his own weapons and the bikes guns as well??

No, only two weapons, thanks to the special rules of the harness. Riding a bike does not allow models to fire more weapons than ususal.

And also the model currently has a bolt pistol. It's a metal figure so it wouldn't be easy to change but he can have a bolter OR a bolt pistol in his basic stats. So i'd add 12" to one of his shooting attacks for no points cost. Is it worth doing? And as i'd be sawing into him anyway what are the thoughts on the other choices namely combi-weapon (flamer meta or plasma), stormbolter or plasma pistol?

If you give him a Boltgun instead of the Boltpistol he will not have two close combat weapons and will have one less Powerweapon attack.

The main thing i'm worried about is the number of attacks,

2 base +1 for extra weapons and +2 for servo harness making 5?

And can he fire his own weapons and the bikes weapons?

The main thing i'm worried about is the number of attacks,

2 base +1 for extra weapons and +2 for servo harness making 5?

And can he fire his own weapons and the bikes weapons?

No I am afraid not,

His number of attacks are determined without the harness. Base Attack+ 1 for 2 CC weapons. He will make that many power weapon attacks at his initiative(charging bonus attack is also one of these). Then at Initiative 1, he will make his Servo Arm attacks.

A model can only ever fire 1 weapon barring special rules. As a Biker he may fire one weapon for every Rider/Passenger. There is only one so only 1 weapon may be fired, but he will have some options to choose from. In comes the Servo Harness special rules which allows him to fire one of his regular weapons and also one of the servo harness ones OR to fire 2 Servo harness weapons.

I hope this clarifies it a bit.

base attackks = 2 plus 1 for the CC's makes 3 normally and 4 on charge.

then the servo harness's 2 attacks as well

sorry didn't phrase that too well, what i meant was that this setup will allow him a maximum of 6 attacks total, 4 power weapon attacks and the 2 harness attacks. Which if i've read your reply correctly is what you've said.

Really like the sound of this, thanks for the help!

Archived