Wound Allocation

If a group of 4 Chaos Possessed (identical in gaming terms) takes 2 power weapon wounds and 3 regular wounds they have to roll all the wounds together (since they're an identical group) and remove a model for each unsaved wound (invulns on the PW and armor on the regular).

Alternatively, and I saw this played yesterday (perhaps in error) does the controlling player assign the wounds, loop the two PW wounds onto the same guy and roll the models seperately. This method made sense at the time, but re-reading the BRB I see that doing that kind of wound assignment seems valid only among 'complex' units, and where models are identical they must be rolled as a group, and the number of casualties can't be less than the number of failed saves.

Can somebody confirm. (As an aside, this is clearly why wound assignment and wargear on nob bikers is so broken).

If they are identical in game terms, they roll all their saves as a group and remove models accordingly.

I'd suggest including different coloured dice for the special weapon attacks and make a batch roll.

If they are identical in game terms, they roll all their saves as a group and remove models accordingly.

I'd suggest including different coloured dice for the special weapon attacks and make a batch roll.

This is correct, what you saw that player doing was cheating, as he was trying to make it so only 1 possessed could be killed by PW attacks, where in fact, it should be a possibility of 2 dying.

Best you can do with the possesed is have a champion and an icon. If there's more wounds than models, you can dump multiple power weapon wounds on one of those guys. Of course, you generally don't want to loose either of them, but the possessed champ isn't worth much except as a host for a greater daemon, so....

Archived