DN rules clarifcation

Ive been wondering about a particular rule invovling the Ironclad. In the C:SM it offers the chance to have 2 heavy flamers, one on each arm. Ive recently coverted an Ironclad, despite the rumours and pictures, and was wonderng if the heavy flamers count as twin-linked, or, as my friends and I believe due to the wording, does it count as 2 independantly firing HF? I know ths isnt a big thing, but I cannot receive help anywhere, and my local GW staff members are of diferent minds. PLEASE HELP!!!

I agree with Mr. Scalphunter - they are 2 separate weapons.

I concur with this, they arn't tau battlesuits, no rule anywhere says being armed with two weapons of the same type makes it twin linked

Yup, two separate weapons. The only time they'll count as a single, twin-linked gun is if the rules explicitly state that they do so.

On a side note, you'll likely be better off with a single heavy flamer and a meltagun, but I suppose that's beside the point. :lol:

Unless it specifies twin-linked, they aren't.

Tau battlesuits state two of the same become TL.

Tyranid weapon sybiotes ditto.

Eldar Wraithlord also.

Eldar Warwalker does not.

Ironclad does not.

Eldar Wraithlord can have two flamers or shuriken catapults attached to their arms, and these do not become twin linked. Theres nothing I can find in the entry that implies the IC dread would be any different.

Archived