Vault the Bloody Fisted

Bloodstone

Finished the first of 5 Brand new spanking Sternguard models. Not going to see gameplay though, I have a seperate Sternguard meant for gaming made out of Chaos plastic marines.

Notable parts about this model that i did (which means new things ive tried) are the bloodiness, as well as dripping gore from his powerfist. I also experimented with water, and blood floating on water, although the water part wasn't quite right.

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt328/reize-ashurea/Warhammer%2040k/th_BloodyHandmini.jpg

CnC Welcome, i'd love comments and maybe some help on the water especially. I did not use water effects for the water actually. I merely painted the base blue underneath, and then coated it with UHU general purpose glue, which when dry, creates a rubbery transparent surface full of bubbles.

When I saw the thumbnail of the picture I thought: hah some crappy kid's probably painted it really badly.

Then I clicked on it.

:D

I LIKE! :(

HAH! Yea, im no kid XDD...well maybe i am. I've got the heart and mind of one, and the body of an adult XDD

I think it turned out quite nice. My only quick critique is that I wouldn't have used the blood on the inner part of the backpack vent. I would have hit the shoulderpad more since there's blood on the side of the helmet.

Yea, i started worrying about that portion AFTER i applied my varnishes to the model. So not much i can do about placement of the gore now, but on the bright side of things. I've got another 4 more models to work out more bloody messes on.

I'd say you captured the effect well, It's a bit overdone for my tastes but overall it's well done IMO.

Yea, sorry, the overblown blood and gore really gets to people sometimes, but i love it :( ...well the blood and gore. And partially because i was so fascinated with the new technique of doing blood that i just couldn't stop slopping more blood on it too. :D

It looks like he squeezed someone with his power fist and they burst like a water balloon.

Full of blood.

Blood balloon.

Very cool

"I swear I was just petting him George!"

...and the emperor has just damned my soul for that joke.

great gore effects on that model, really adds to the mini

It looks like he squeezed someone with his power fist and they burst like a water balloon.

Full of blood.

Blood balloon.

Very cool

"I swear I was just petting him George!"

...and the emperor has just damned my soul for that joke.

great gore effects on that model, really adds to the mini

lol, of mice and men :rolleyes:

anyways, how did you make the effect?

Your blood effect looks just as good here as it does on your daemonette. And your actually paint scheme looks nice as well. These guys of any particular chapter or you just painting them grey cause it looks nice alongside red blood?

Messanger

Thanks. My paint scheme is actually stark white, with gold for metal trims, purple for cloths and red or beige for furs/manes. Its for my DIY chapter called the Hollow Eye Clan, which has 3 color schemes, the aforementioned scheme is for members in a commanding officer role, like Librarians, Masters, Captains, Honor Guards, Command Squad. Chaplains are black with a white left pad.

Then i have another scheme, purple armor, gold trim, white cloth and red furs/manes. It is for members who are qualified for Terminator Honors, whether in power armor or terminator armor.

The last scheme is camo blue, with various trim colors, green,gold or white, red cloth and red furs/manes. It is for every other Marine and serf in the chapter, including techmarines and apothecaries not attached to a command squad. Vehicles are also painted in this scheme as are dreadnoughts.

Arch Angel : Yes, i am going to create a 5 man squad of Sternguard with as much gore as possible :3

Wolf Priest: Thanks, my chapter is renegade, but not Chaos, they don't conform to the Codex Astartes but still retain the same equipment and training, along with newer equipment and protocols to adapt to the lack of Mechanicum supplies.

Archived