Tournment Results

Took my mostly Nurgle chaos to our local tournamnet yesterday. Highlights only as I didn't take notes or anything.

My List:

Nurgle DP, Wings, Warptime

Nurgle DP Wings, Warptime.

7x Plague Marines, 2x Melta, PF, Rhino w/ Havoc Launcher

7x Plague Marines, 2x Melta, PF, RHino w/ Havoc Launcher

7x Plague Marines, 2x Flamer, PF, Rhino w/ Havoc Launcher

10x Khorn Berzerkers, 2x PP, PF, Rhino

Vindi

Vindi

Vindi

Comments:

I basically took my core 1500 point list and added a unit of 'Zerkers and the Havoc Launchers to make the 1850 points. I wasn't happy with the 'Zerkers but did not have the energy to do the GS work on another unit of Plague Marines.

Triple Vinid has gone undefeated at 1500 points but I strongly considering retooling the whole list to include oblits. I decided not to out of pride really, I was determined to make the triple vindi work at higher point levels much to the laughter of several of my friends.

On to the games.

Game 1

Capture and Control vs. Semi-Mech Gaurd

Not much to say about this game. He had to many lascannons for me to do much. I spent alot of time huddling in rhinos. In turn 4 I managed to get the flamer plague marines on target against Kreel and command squad for some flamery goodness and object contestings. He managed to nuke the squad the next turn but the rhino lived to contest and I had mine secure.

He decided to outflank a demolisher. The results were interesting. I don't if that is something I would do every game but it worked for him here. The thing managed to come on in the corner where I had placed my objective. The turn before the rhino with the 'zerkers had broken an axel and they had disembarked to begin walking across the table. Here comes the demolisher and BOOM, there went half the 'zerker squad. the remainder managed to run the thing off though and secure my objective.

Minor win for me.

Game 2

Capture and Control, Dawn of War, vs. Blood Angels

Good game for my side. I deployed a DP and the 'Zerkers. He kept everything off table. I rushed his objective and played in his corner most of the game. He kept a Drop Pod w/ a DC Dread, a 10 man and a 5 man Assault squad in reserve. When they came in the 2 melta plague marine squads and 2nd DP dealt with everything except the dread. 2 melta shots and 8 PF swings could not bring it down. He contest my objective (the pod landed right on top of it, give him credit for aggressive deepstriking). I controlled his object though and the secondary objective and so came away with the Major Victory.

Highlight of the game was my 'zerkers rhino. I moved into position and kept them bottled up. Popped smoke. The rhino managed to sluff 2 MM attack bikes, a Baal shooting at the rear, a Speeder shooting AC/HB at the side, rapid fire plasma gun, razorback's lascannon and finally 4 desperation PC shots from a dev squad. Amazing run of 4+ cover saves. The 'zerkes then disembarked and started chewing things up.

Incidentally this is the only game of the day I got much use out of the zerkers.

Game 3

Seize and Control vs. Marines

4 objectives. 1 center, 2 on the left, 1 on the right. He took a landraider with 10 man honor guard all PW's w/ a chapter master riding along. They ate the 'zerkers and then died to concentrated Havoc fire and a vinid shot, followed up by a warptime prince charge. In the meantime I took 2 objects, contested a 3rd and he conceded before we moved on to the 6th round. We were running short on time for the round and could not have completed another full turn. Had it gone on I would have eaten 1 more squad with a DP and he still would not have been able to force the plague marines off their objectives.

Game 4 for the overall win.

Seize and Control vs. Blood Angels

3 objective, 1 center, 1 left 1 right. Table quarters deployment.

Good player, he looked at the standings before the round though knew he had a lead in the tie breaker even though we were tied for battle points. He started playing for the draw. I had 5 really good turns and had the thing sewn up, 2-0 objectives, 1 live prince, 2 active demolishers, 2 untouched plague marine squads and a virgin 'zerker unit. I screwed up and lost focus in turn 6 and made several dumb mistakes, I hurried to the shooting phase, virtually bypassing movement and left myself hung out allowing him to contest both my objectives. I ended winning the whole tournament by 1 kill point in the tie breaker. The scenarie was a draw on objectives and kill points were used for tie breaker.

Moral of the story keep grinding until time is called or you opponent is destroyed. I almost deserved to let this one slip away with my careless play in the 6th turn of the championship match....what an idiot. Never take your foot off their throats.

comments

1st time out with Havocbacks, love them. They will make a permanent part of my list. Vindi's proved themselves both as shooters and as rolling walls. A vindi without a cannon is still useful.

EH

Alway great to see good tournament reports :D

Was the Guard player useing the new codex or was the tournament holding the one month rule (where a codex need to be fully out for a month before it can offical be use??)

Do you have any photos from the event, alway cool to see the armies that tournament.

But again good report & well done on first place. All the better when it alway a Chaos Marine army that take first place ;) :lol:

IP

no pictures this time. Will try and take some at next month's event assuming I can get everything painted (or even most of it painted) in time. We had 2 guard players in attendance both using the new book.

The guard player I played is just getting back into 40k after an hiatus and so rules familiarity and play environment were issues for him. He did pretty well considering. His list was 2 russ chasis, 4 chimera's one unit of Ogryn, all of his troops were veterans.

The second guard player was running a vendetta and a valkyire, 2 basilisk's chimera's russes, etc. Both had a rough day in the standings but I don't know if it was list related or play related. Unfortunately we had 7 or 8 MEQ armies this time around which makes for a boring day at the tables in alot of ways.

I may run my Demon's next month or my mech chaos again I d0on't know. We are all gearing up for an RTT we are hosting locally so the lists are getting pretty sick.

This wasn't the U2KR one, because the points were different. I missed that tourney even though I was registered. It is all Astro, well at least until Westcoast Mayhem, that is if I can get 15 models painted in less than 14 days, without going insane. My thumb is already weakened badly, see my WIP thread...

Congradulations. My 1500 point army assuming no last minute substitutions for lack of ability to finish is touched upon in the WIP thread. No Demon Prince, Chaos Lord all the way... Well at least for my purposes of counter attacks defending my line. I let my Plague Champion "Bob the Necessary Evil" sally forth and get all the glory. My Chaos Lord is a schemer and plotter and doesn't mind sacrificing everyone but himself...

Muskie

Archived