Wordbearers scheme

Hey guys I have just started painting my Wordbearers, and Im having trouble deciding if the red Ive used looks right. Mechrite red followed by Scab red. Boltgun Metal for the metallic part. I still have to start on the bone areas.

Your help would be most appreciated!

Very W.I.P test model

http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/ss336/Hammer49_2009/MattsMiniPics124.jpg

Hey there good to see another Word Bearer player!

I've recently started up a new one since I sold my last. I use Kikkala's guide to paint word bearers it's great and really easy to follow! Goes a bit slow in the begining but you get up the paste after some models.

Link: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=144841

This is want i do

1. Paint the entire model with gore red

2. Wash the whole model with magenta ink

3. Paint all metal and trim boltgun metal

4. Paint horns with bleach bone

5. Highlight metal and trim with chainmail

6. Paint eyes with snot green

It takes about 45 mins to do.

I'm using a recipe very, very similar to that of kikkala's.

Red:

Black base ->

1'st layer of Red Gore ->

2'nd layer of Red Gore ->

Blood Red + Red Gore highlights ->

Red Ink wash ->

Black Ink wash -> finished

Simple, yet extremely effective.

Unfortunately I can't give any comment on what to replace the Red Ink and Black Ink with, but logic tells me that the Badab Black should work well for the Black Ink.

TDA

I'm using a recipe very, very similar to that of kikkala's.

Red:

Black base ->

1'st layer of Red Gore ->

2'nd layer of Red Gore ->

Blood Red + Red Gore highlights ->

Red Ink wash ->

Black Ink wash -> finished

Simple, yet extremely effective.

Unfortunately I can't give any comment on what to replace the Red Ink and Black Ink with, but logic tells me that the Badab Black should work well for the Black Ink.

TDA

Badab black and baal red (both are the new washes). They work just as good in my opinion.

My WB scheme is pretty simple as well, Blood red, boltgun metal on trim. Then Badab Black wash the entire model. Highlight red with Vallejo Bloody Red. Eyes snot green, scorpion highlight. Bone is Bleached Bone, then Sepia wash, them when dry, Devlan mud wash. Gets me some good results.

@Burias - The test model is looking good...

• 1 month later...
mine are an easy build as well - go for the Mech Red with Adeptus Gray for the trim. Then the entire model is washed with with Devlin Mudwash. Highlight Blood Red and light gray and you're good to go :cry:

Somewhat ontopic but thought it didn't warrant a new thread. Flipping through the chaos codex today, on the pages where it showed various warbands, and it shows 8 of the 9 traitor legions.... the missing one is Word Bearers... so unless it's somewhere completely else in the book (excluding the colour picture area), there must've been some forgetting of even the legions that fell to chaos.

Somewhat ontopic but thought it didn't warrant a new thread. Flipping through the chaos codex today, on the pages where it showed various warbands, and it shows 8 of the 9 traitor legions.... the missing one is Word Bearers... so unless it's somewhere completely else in the book (excluding the colour picture area), there must've been some forgetting of even the legions that fell to chaos.

Correct you are indeed.

Yet another failing of this latest Codex of ours.

TDA

lemme check.... there is a picture of the sanctified who are a Word bearers splinter chapter in the new dex (page 21). there is a short description of the WB on page 20 entitled the bitter war ,and if i recall there is atlest 2 painted WB in the hobby section... Yeah i know it isnt as much as in the old dex (picture wise atleast its about the same volume), butatleast there is something... many of the otherlegions didnt even get mentioned:P

the icon bearer and the unit allied with the nightlords :geek:

so unless it's somewhere completely else in the book (excluding the colour picture area),

The statement I made was in regards to where they're showing different legion colour schemes. They contained 8/9 Traitor Legions with Black Legion getting their own big article about it with several variants and every other legion save the Word Bearers getting a small colour scheme area between pages 18-24.

Archived