Adeptus Mechanicus WIP

koran

Im a bit skint at the moment so Ive been making something out of my extensive bitz box.

Ive mostly finished him now, all thats left is his little cyber-pet that will be chained to his right hand (its his little experiment so he doesnt want it to get away ;p)

I always liked the artwork with a lot of pipes and tubes coming from tech-priests face's going to breathing apparatus and things like that so I used some wire and plastic to get that in there and then extended some greenstuff from the face to show where it has been pushed into the priests body and the skin has been left hanging loose. Also it leaved very little flesh showing, which I like as he has obviously been slowly "improving" his body.

Something a little odd I did with the robes was having them bolted on to the outside of the armour instead of coming from under it. Just as something minor I gave the top the typical cogged edging, as its the mechanicus and I can see them having a lot of symbols in their items. I also made the base of the robe look ripped and a bit beaten. Its where the most wear and tear will be and as the priest has lost a lot of his humanity he's caring less and less about the appearance of weak materials like cloth ;p

Im still deciding on what colours to paint him, but I have until the bits for his pet arrive ;p And thought would be appreciated.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m16/NeilCollins_/DSCF3225.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m16/NeilCollins_/DSCF3223.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m16/NeilCollins_/DSCF3227.jpg

That looks awesome mate. I'd say paint him up in traditional AM colours... red and steel? That or go with a more nurgle inspired design to show how long he has lived building himself a better body and the wear and tear involved...

It certainly looks interesting & suitably teched-up but the tears in the robe aren't all that appealing (to me at least)...some close-ups of the face would be nice; I can see you've put alot of effort into converting it. Is it your intention to make the tech-priest look more like a space marine?

Originally this was going to be for a dark mechanicus army... Im still thinking about that. So it was going to be based on him being a space marine.... I still havent decided on that one... But either he is a marine with a lot of augmentation (that leads the dark mechanicus cult) or simply a techmarine that got "lost" on the path of the techmarine and joined the mechanicus.

I can see what you mean about the tears... Im concidering greenstuffing them closed.

I like the cabling you've added, and the breathing apparatus. For the tears in the robes, what you might want to do is add the tattered cloth to the bottom of each hole, flapping down. It will make for a more realistic look. Just make a V with rough edges.

The Dark Mechanicus are a very cool concept, what are you planning for the cyber pet?

Archived