Captain Tycho

Hey everyone, not posted for a while as i have been hard at work painting my battlefleet gothic fleet and putting the final touches to my jump pack chaplain for my Knights Scorpio.

Anyway, my local GW is having a painting comp on saturday so I thought i'd have a go at something different. I really love Jes Goodwin's early marine mini's especially those featured in the Angels of Death Codex. Tycho being one of my favourites meaing that he would be the one I attempted. The one thing that I noticed about the 2nd edition marines is the importance of the banners so obviously i had to make a big thing out of Tycho's It is all freehand and I'm so proud of how it turned out. The rest of the model is ok but i'd be eager to hear your comments.

Anyway here he is;

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o138/mustanguk/SL381129.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o138/mustanguk/SL381137.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o138/mustanguk/SL381138.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o138/mustanguk/SL381139.jpg

C&C Welcome

Cheers AB

By the Emperor...

:)

Okay, that model rocks, especially the banner. Can't believe it's freehand, it's stunning stuff. If I had a gripe it'd be the face - the skintones seem to blend too well into the armour, maybe making it dtand out a bit would help :P

really nice!!

IMHO though, if you painted the soft armour (i'm thinking of the part behind the kness) of another colour it would be more realistic and nicer. I don't see soft armour as being metallic...hope you understood what i mean!

Thats a realy nice mini you have there but I think the base is letting it down a lot.

I dont know if you have used a wash on the Gold armour, but a coat of Devlan Mud would do it wonders. Plus the soft armour parts at the back of the knees could be done in a diferent colour.

Priority is to snaz that base up a bit more! :P

That Banner is Exellent :P

Thats a realy nice mini you have there but I think the base is letting it down a lot.

I dont know if you have used a wash on the Gold armour, but a coat of Devlan Mud would do it wonders. Plus the soft armour parts at the back of the knees could be done in a diferent colour.

Priority is to snaz that base up a bit more! ;)

That Banner is Exellent :blush:

Ditto!

I love this model although I think the armor could be a little more gold like more yellowy (which i'm sure isn't a word) but it's your model!

Love it man, you do the Blood angels proud.

The work you did on the mini is amazing! And I mean it. gold color is something I've got a LOT of difficulty with.

But I do have a problem with the base :

The "blue thing" you paint on it look like water, and just next to Tycho left foot it climb up and down... making the whole look kind of strange. Maybe just dig canal so the water seem to flow more naturally?

just my to cents, Tchezz.

That is great but as otehrs have said I feel the soft armour needs to be a different colour. The banner is brilliant, love it! How did you do the banner then? I'm naff at freehand so a couple of tips would be nice ^_^

(I am also one of the others who prefer Tycho in Death Company colours).

IMHO though, if you painted the soft armour (i'm thinking of the part behind the kness) of another colour it would be more realistic and nicer. I don't see soft armour as being metallic...hope you understood what i mean!

I agree too. From the back, he almost looks like a bronze/gold statue.

Archived