Independent Character Splitting Attacks

IronVodka

My friends and I have been arguing about this for awhile so I thought id ask the smart people here.

Here's the situation that arose the other day; My friend charged his independent character (only his IC) at my Chaplain and the Sgt who was all that was left after the rest of the squad got shot up.

So the argument was whether my friends independent character could split his attacks and say attack the Sgt Once and the Chaplain 3 times. Or if he would have to either attack the Chaplain or the Sgt?

The argument boiled down to the fact that neither of use to find anything saying whether an independent character could split their attacks or not.

Such a situation (multiple enemy units in combat) is explained on page 41 in the BRB. Every model, not just independent characters, can split their attacks between different enemy units they are fighting however they please. The attacks have to be allocated before rolling of course.

Ahhhh, there it is. Must not have noticed it the times I've read the rule book before. I thought it was just units that could split attacks. Looks like I was arguing for the wrong side. Thanks for the quick efficient reply Legatus

Archived